Enpass Discussion Forum

Changing auto backup location

CleosMom

My Enpass data is synced to the iCloud, but I can't change the location of auto backups.  I navigate to Enpass/backups, but it won't back up to that location.  In fact, I can't find the backups at all, unless I take a manual backup.  Can anyone tell me how to change the backup location so that it works?  Is there a default location?  Please help.  Thanks!

Edited by CleosMom

Hey @CleosMom

You can download website version of Enpass on your macOS using this link (website version is given at the bottom of the page under the name 'Download from website).

The option to change database location is only available for app downloaded from Enpass website as stated above. If you have downloaded Enpass from app store, it won’t be possible to change the database location. To change the database location in website version, please follow these steps:

• Open Enpass → Under Settings, go to Advanced → Click on Change Location to change the data location.

I attempted to find my backups as you instructed, but they were not there.  I had already changed the data destination to my documents/Enpass folder.  A Backup folder was automatically added and a backup was created.  Only one backup that gets overwritten each time a new one is made.  Why are there no other backups?  If I can only get the most recent backup and never any older ones to choose from, this App is not going to work for me.  

Please let me know if there is any way to correct this.  Thank you.

Hey @CleosMom

Please follow the below steps to install Enpass from the website-

• Take the manual backup of Enpass data using the steps given: Open Enpass > Click on 'File' from the Enpass Menu > Backup all vaults > Select the location and save it.
  • Now uninstall the Enpass app.
  • Install again using this link (website version is given at the bottom of the page).
  • Restore the Enpass database from the backup file saved locally.

On 1/13/2021 at 1:25 AM, CleosMom said:

Why are there no other backups?  If I can only get the most recent backup and never any older ones to choose from, this App is not going to work for me.  

Please check the auto-backup folder of Enpass using the steps- PC>Documents>Enpass> Backups, and you will last 60 backup files saved within this folder (file format will be xxxxauto.enpassbackup). To know more, refer to this link.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks!