Enpass Discussion Forum

ChromeOS issues

linuxpng

Not sure if this is the correct place.  I have used enpass on ios, mac, linux, firefox, and chrome and enjoyed it.  The chrome OS experience is terrible.  I recently bought a pixel book here are the issues I have seen so far.

1) You have to have a different plugin for Chrome OS.  That means when using Chrome (and syncing extensions) I get two extensions for enpass on each browser.  Surely this can be consolidated.

2) On ChomeOS the connector ip defaults to 192.168.254.X, this is obviously not on anyone's subnet and not what the android version of enpass uses for it's autofill IP.  It uses the bridge's IP.  I periodically have to go change this.  Which leads me to #4 when it happens.

3) The autofill service in chromeOS dies periodically.  This is my first chromebook, so maybe this is android killing it off in the background.  But when this happens I have to...

4) Open the android app, put in my password.  Click the connector, put in my password again.

Am I using this incorrectly, or is it really this kludgy?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, this sounds like my issue I posted on reddit...here is my synopsis below

Hey All. Switched from lastpass to Enpass a month ago and so far have mostly been loving it. My issue is that my wife needs to also love it, and the last thing plaguing that request is chromebook.

I actually bought her a new chromebook that could run Android Apps after finding out that Enpass requires this (which I still don't understand since lastpass handles this ok...don't get me wrong, I understand that LP has it's own cloud...so that is likely the deal)

Anyway, I am having lots of issues with the Chromebook connector. After reading the user guide, it really seems like this should mostly work out of the box once I enable the Autofill option in the Android app on the chromebook. However, here are my symptoms

• My Home router subnet is 192.168.86.0/24
  • My chromebook of course has an IP address in this ranger
  • The IP address that shows up in the Enpass android app for 'Autofill in Chromebook' is 100.115.X.X:10391 what the heck is this address?? If I set the connector equal to this address, where is my data getting shipped to??
  • The automatic IP that shows up in the Enpass Chrome Connector extension is 192.168.254.2 Again...where does this even come from?

So, what is the proper fix to get this working? I have been back and forth with support, and despite the fact that I am a developer and giving them a quite technical breakdown of what's happening (and the desire to help them debug through the developer console), I feel like in a way, they are giving me about as little effort in the way of support as possible.

I love enpass and want to stick with it, but my wife needs to love it too for this to work. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.