Enpass Discussion Forum

Pins and Passwords on multiple Vaults

Rich G

Hi guys, I have been using Enpass for a while now and have always used the primary vault.  I am helping getting our office using it and have an issue with our admins getting access to the new vaults.  It seems that when I create a secondary vault with its own password it SOMETIMES overrides their passwords and pins with mine.

They have their own log ins with their own primary vaults but when they sync my secondary vault to theirs their master password or PIN may or may not (at random it seems) changes to mine...

Any thoughts on how to correct this?  Or at least understand why so we can work around it?

Many Thanks

Hi @Rich G,

Welcome to the forums!

In this case, we suggest you create one secondary vault and sync your data with any cloud you want to share with other team members. Now asked other team members to create a secondary vault and restore the database with the same cloud account which you have used in the secondary vault. For more details, you can have a look at this FAQ.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your response, this is what we have done.  The issue is that the when my admin team try to unlock Enpass again, it sometimes wont accept their master password and instead requires the master password of the person who created the vault.

I have the same issue with a secondary vault in that when Enpass locks after a period of downtime, my pin or master password won't unlock it and it requires the password of the vault.