Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Connection Error

5 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hi @brosenz

Sorry for the trouble you are going through. We have fixed some issues in a recent update 5.6.6 so please update the app and share your findings.

Cheers!

I had already installed the latest version 5.6.6 when I got the error. That's the reason I posted, because this used to be an error on earlier versions and I thought It would have been fixed in the last one, unfortunately it did not get fixed.

6 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hi @brosenz

Sorry for the trouble you are going through. We have fixed some issues in a recent update 5.6.6 so please update the app and share your findings.

Cheers!

Based on experience the last 15 hours I see the connection error more frequent now than with previous versions

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:24 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Hi @brosenz

Cheers!

Over the last 24 hours I have had more connection errors than ever, I would say 3 to 6 times more than with previous versions, clearly something is wrong

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:24 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Hi @brosenz

Cheers!

I would say connection error happens almost 100% of time when I do not use Enpass for one to two hours, and I guarantee that it is not the lock timeout because I have it set to 24 hours, and I do not get any request for credentials

Edited by brosenz

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2018 at 2:24 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Hi @brosenz

Cheers!

Hi @Anshu kumar

I am having the same problem after migrating to a new Mac, on Safari only (Chrome is working). macOS 10.13.3 / Safari 11.0.3 / Enpass 5.6.3 (139) (latest available in app store) / Enpass Safari Extension 5.5.2. Oddly, the same configuration has worked and still works fine on the old Mac. Any suggestions? 

• 1 month later...

I have also just encountered this issue.

Windows 10 Pro x64 1803, Edge Browser, Enable browser extensions was already enabled.

Enpass Extension for Edge Browser v5.5.2

Enpass Desktop (Windows Store bridged) v5.6.6

I generally see these issues when the Windows Desktop app is locked, and I then click on the Enpass browser extension button to invoke Enpass. It is as though it is not always cleanly handling communication to the locked desktop app.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've been having this happen too the past couple months, but for me it works on Windows 10 but not on Ubuntu 16.04 (both using Firefox 61.0.1, Enpass 5.6.9). So far I've been fixing by disabling and re-enabling the addon. I don't have this issue with Chromum.

Cheers

The new version of August 7 (5.6.11 - 155) does not help. In the lack of support, I eventually found this go-around:

in Enpass preferences, tab "Browser", uncheck "Verify browsers" (I translate from my langage, no idea it is exactly in English but something like that).

Hope this helps

Francesco-

Now Enpass extensions connects to the main Enpass App and autofills within browsers: it works fine back again, like some months ago.

Clearly, the current versions of Enpass do not recognize mainstream browsers like firefox, chromium.... (ouch)

Francesco-

MacOS 10.12.6/MacbookPro 15"

Enpass 5.6.11 (155) (latest)

Safari 11.1.2 (latest)

Chromium 68.0.3440.84 (latest)

Firefox 61.0.1 (latest)

• 5 weeks later...

Same here, the "Enpass connection error" makes is useless for Edge. Sometimes it works, most of the time not. Application and extension in their latest available versions.
I see this happens at least for some users for months, so it is nothing new, but still not corrected.

Currently I'm testing another software and it is working fine, so it can be done properly.

I'm seeing this issue more and more often now across multiple PCs.

All running:

Windows 10 1803 (17134.254)
Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0 
Enpass 5.6.19 (5548) (Desktop App through Microsoft Store)
Enpass Edge Extension 5.5.2

If I go into the Enpass App -> Tools -> Settings -> Browser and Toggle 'Enable Browser Extensions' OFF and then back ON, then the Enpass extension works immediately.

• 2 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:09 AM, Anthony said:

I'm seeing this issue more and more often now across multiple PCs.

All running:

Windows 10 1803 (17134.254)
Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0 
Enpass 5.6.19 (5548) (Desktop App through Microsoft Store)
Enpass Edge Extension 5.5.2

If I go into the Enpass App -> Tools -> Settings -> Browser and Toggle 'Enable Browser Extensions' OFF and then back ON, then the Enpass extension works immediately.

+1 

Same issue here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...