Enpass Discussion Forum

Can't use extensions anymore (win 10/Firefox 84)

Hi, since a week or two?, I can't us the Enpass extension anymore. I am running Windows 10 Professional and Firefox 84. Both are kept up to date.

I can start Enpass, go to a site (this one fi.) and try to fill the user credentials with the Enpass extension. The contour of the Enpass Window becomes visible and then it stalls. Only closing Enpass the hard way (Task manager fi) let me use Firefox again.

I have already deinstalled the extension and re-installed it, that did not help.

On Edge it works fine. Also on my VirtualBox POP!os

Any idea what could cause the problem and how to fix it?

Edited by Krit

Hi @Krit,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Sometimes rebooting the device might help with this issue, we suggest you to please try rebooting your device if you haven't tried it yet. If the problem persists please uninstall the Firefox browser and install it again. Please revert to us with the answer to the following queries and we will get it sorted out for you:

• On which device (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass and Enpass extension version are you using?
  • Are you using any Antivirus or third-party security-related extension?

Sorry for the late reply. We had some major internet trouble here.

I have done some research and can tell you following:

Enpass with Firefox works fine but when I use a VirtualBox to run my Linux (POP! OS), the Enpass plugin for Firefox stalls.

I always use the latest versions of all software mentioned.

Hi, Enpass is installed from your site. I do not remember if I was transferred to Windows store form there.

I have tested some things.

Both Edge and Firefox (latest versions) stall when I try to fill a password with the Enpass extension. But... only after I have used the Enpass extension in my VirtualBox (in Firefox). If I do not use the Enpass extension there, it seems to keep working on the Windows host.

Edited by Krit

Hey @Krit

Our team is not able to find this issue with virtual box as Enpass is working fine in our testing environment. Please share the below detail so that we can investigate the issue again-

1.  What is the exact version of Enpass? To check Enpass version, Open Enpass > Click on 'Help' from Enpass menu > Tap on 'About'.
  2.  What is the exact version of Virtual Box?
  3.  What is the exact version of windows 10?