Enpass Discussion Forum

The enpass app overflows beyond the viewable area

joji

Hi @joji

Thanks for writing back.

It seems that you are using multiple monitors, and the shared scaling factor is not working for you. Try to adjust the scaling factor further according to your resolution. To do so,  please open ~/.profile in your favorite editor and append the below-mentioned lines by inputting different values as you had done before to set QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS=1;1:

1. export "QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS=1.5.1.5"
  2. export "QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS=2.0,2.0"

Now logout/login  current desktop session and start Enpass. If this doesn't help, let us know the following details:

• Share the screen resolution of both monitors?
  • Also, share the scaling factor you are using?

Thanks for your co-operation.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Pratyush Sharma

Sorry for delayed response.

Here's the setting you asked for.

Interestingly, when I open enpass app for the first time, the problem happens.

However, I tried dragging the enpass app to my Laptop monitor display, and back to my main Dell monitor display, and the issue is gone. Very strange work around but I will use that for now.

sc2.thumb.png.b6bdf93d1674e7421f3418a1b9d260b1.pngsc1.thumb.png.9a4a4427ff31d54a0ec96a184e4b8b32.png

Hi @Pratyush Sharma

I can confirm the scaling issues that @joji has reported.
I'm on Ubuntu 20.04, Enpass v6.6.0 (775) and a multi-monitor display, one of which is high-dpi.
Tested with Brave v1.20.108 and Chrome v88.0.4324.182

The built-in laptop display has 1920x1080 resolution and scaling 100%.
My primary display is an external display with 3840x2160 (which is the same as @joji in the screenshots above) and scaling is 100% in my case.
Fractional scaling is disabled.

Scaling issues:

High-DPI Monitor

The browser integration on both Brave and Chrome renders with icons scaled up when the browser window is located on the high-dpi monitor and text sizing about normal.

When the enpass app is locked on the high-dpi monitor, on both Brave and Chrome, enpass renders a large white background pop-up window and a quarter of the unlock screen.

When you start the Enpass application and the High-DPI display is turned on, the application scales for the 4K monitor and does not re-scale when moving it to the built-in monitor, resulting in the main window text and left-hand-nav text being tiny on the built-in monitor and the menu bar and icons appear normal sized.

Standard Monitor
When the browser window is located on the 1080 resolution monitor the icons are normal sized and the text is tiny.

When the enpass app is locked on the standard resolution monitor, on both Brave and Chrome, enpass renders a smaller pop-up window and the unlock screen renders outside the viewable area of the pop-up.

Investigation:
I had a look at the libraries linked to the binary and could see no reference to the QT libraries. It seems only the gtk-3, libcairo and wayland libraries are used in the Ubuntu package.
I can also see /opt/enpass/qt.conf packaged but it seems that it's unused for GTK applications.

I found this for QT 6 applications https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/highdpi.html which seems to indicate app scaling should be automatic assuming the application includes high-DPI versions of static image assets. However, as above, the Ubuntu app doesn't seem to be a QT application.

Is there an equivalent scaling guide for GTK-3 applications? This perhaps? https://wiki.gnome.org/HowDoI/HiDpi/ includes a way to simulate Hi-DPI displays.

Thanks for any support