Enpass Discussion Forum

Beta version of Enpass for desktop is here

Guest Vikram Dabas

Guest Vikram Dabas

Hi all,

We have just rolled out Enpass Beta v5.2.2 for all desktop platforms: Mac, Linux and Traditional Windows. It comes with some of the most demanding features like Microsoft Edge and Vivaldi Browser Extension, TOTP support for other categories etc. Along with this you will notice many other improvements and fixes. The complete changelog of Enpass Beta v5.2.2 is here:

What's New:

• Added Enpass extension support for Microsoft Edge (Beta) and Vivaldi browser. If you are already using Vivaldi browser with browser verification disabled, please enable the verification.
  • Added import from Intel True key password manager.

Improvements:

• We have updated the code signing certificate for Microsoft Edge Browser and fixed the issue that was preventing Enpass to connect with Edge extension and displaying error code 403.
  • Fixed the sync issue where Enpass was displaying an error code on sync page, when the system woke up from sleep mode.
  • Diceware in Password generator - The improved password generator now uses Diceware algorithm to generate beautiful, more pronounceable yet strong passwords with more options to include digits and symbols.
  • TOTP support for all categories except Secure Notes.
  • Auto-fill support for all items -  Along with logins, now you can auto-fill all types of items having a valid URL, username and password on login pages.
  • Now you can use defined shortcut keys to copy username, password or to launch the url, from selected item in Enpass Extension (Helper).
  • Added support to manually define scaling factor for high DPI monitors. (Windows only)
  • Added password length indicator on Edit page.
  • Improvements in importing data from Roboform and Keepass.
  • Improved Tray icon handler: Single click on tray icon will open Extension windows, while double click will open the main Enpass app.

Fixes:

• Optimized memory usage of Enpass, where some users reported that it was consuming high memory comparatively. 
  • Fixed an issue where 'update' button in browser extension was getting disabled, while changing a password on website.
  • Fixed following issues in syncing after the system woke up from sleep mode (Mac and Windows only)
    • Progress wheel keep rotating while sync operation.
    • Sometimes the username of cloud service was not displayed. 
  • Fixed following issues in syncing after the system woke up from sleep mode (Linux only)
    • High CPU usage while syncing.
    • Progress wheel keep rotating while sync operation.
    • Sometimes the username of cloud service was not displayed.
  • Fixed an issue where browser window focus was lost as soon as Enpass extension goes away. (Mac only)
  • Other minor bugs fixed.

Download links

Before installing beta, please make sure that the existing Enpass app is completely closed (even from System tray or Menu bar). Also the beta update will overwrite existing Enpass app.  

How to install Enpass Extension in Microsoft Edge for Traditional Windows

Download Edge Extension zip file, which consists of an Edge Extension and a Readme.txt file containing  installation instructions for extension. The detailed installation steps are also mentioned in Enpass user-manual.

So what are you waiting for. Download it and share your feedback. Also don't forget to highlight the bugs or issues.

Edited by Vikram Dabas
Post has been updated in accordance with Enpass Beta v5.2.4, in which we have fixed critical bugs in Enpass Edge Extension and cloud synchronization.

I downloaded and installed the extension as per the instructions without issue. When I hit the Enpass button next to the "..." I get an Enpass connection error indicating I might have not done one of the steps. I've checked all of the settings and ran "CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -s" to ensure "microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe" is listed.

15 hours ago, JohnF said:

I downloaded and installed the extension as per the instructions without issue. When I hit the Enpass button next to the "..." I get an Enpass connection error indicating I might have not done one of the steps. I've checked all of the settings and ran "CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -s" to ensure "microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe" is listed.

Hi @JohnF,

Thanks for tring the Beta. Have you checked both Enable Browser Extensions and Support for Microsoft Edge in Browser settings of Enpass. More at 

https://www.enpass.io/docs/desktop-windows/browser_ext_install.html#swbrowsers

Please let us know if your problem get resolved.

Regards

Hemant

Tried installing Linux 5.2.2 beta on Elementary OS Freya 3.4.2 (based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS) and it fails to launch, can't find shared libraries.

Error message when launching from the terminal:

/opt/Enpass/bin/Enpass: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Multimedia.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

You can install the library manually but then it just spits an error for the next shared lib, and on and on.

Current release of Enpass installed via the repo. Are there any special steps that need to be taken before installing the beta .deb?

Edited by sysfu

Error message when launching 5.2.2 beta from terminal pasted below

~> /opt/Enpass/bin/runenpass.sh
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_set_psk_client_callback
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv3_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv3_server_method
fish: Job 1, “/opt/Enpass/bin/runenpass.sh” terminated by signal SIGSEGV (Address boundary error)

~> openssl version
LibreSSL 2.4.1

Edited by sysfu

Thank you as well for the extension! It changes life!

There are some cosmetic work maybe to be done as the list appear in small font on high DPI screen like on the Surface. Also, there is no way to save a new entry from the browser (do not know if this is implemented yet on Opera or other browser extensions) but otherwise, it is really great.

I had the same issue as Excessive above that I had to restart the extension at every start. Now, I have just a message from Edge asking me if I want to allow extensions to be activated. Not a big deal and I guess will be removed once they will be "official" extension (not activated through developer mode).

Continu the tremendous good work. Enpass is on the roll to be the best password manager from cross-plateform users!

Hi I am having the same problem as JonhF with the MS Edge extension. I have followed the instructions exactly.

• I've enabled the extension support for the browser in about:flags
  • I've loaded the extension and restarted the browser
  • I've checked both Enable Browser Extensions and Support for Microsoft Edge in Browser settings of Enpass
  • I've run the cmd prompt command prompt
  • I've restarted the browser multiple times

And I still get the connection error: Access Denied 403

On 7/9/2016 at 1:15 PM, Hemant Kumar said:

Hi @JohnF,

Thanks for tring the Beta. Have you checked both Enable Browser Extensions and Support for Microsoft Edge in Browser settings of Enpass. More at 

https://www.enpass.io/docs/desktop-windows/browser_ext_install.html#swbrowsers

Please let us know if your problem get resolved.

Regards

Hemant

I cannot use it.

This log error when I click icon:

Application

• Name : Enpass Password Manager
  • Version : 5.2.3

Browser

• Certificate IssuedBy : Microsoft Windows Production PCA 2011
  • Certificate IssuedTo : Microsoft Corporation
  • Connecting Path : C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
  • Error : Unknown error
  • LocalAddress : 127.0.0.1
  • LocalPort : 10391
  • Origin : https://EnpassPasswordManager_nt7fcssrybz1j:0
  • PeerAddress : 127.0.0.1
  • PeerPort : 9721

Operating System

• Name : Windows 10

Proxy

• Type : NoProxy
Edited by Binh Truong

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. You are facing this problem because recently Microsoft has changed the code signature of Edge Browser. We are working on this issue and very soon we will roll out the next beta with fixes. 

Meanwhile if you can't wait for the fix and need to use Enpass extension in Microsoft Edge, you have to turn off the Code signature verification from Enpass settings (Though it is not a safe practice).

Please bear with us!

With this version, every time I resume Windows from standby/sleep, Enpass can't sync with onedrive anymore (sync icon is red, it says "Error 119"), I have to reconnect onedrive or restart enpass to get it to synchronize again.

In the previous versions there was a similar prolem, just without "error 119". It just kept trying to sync and didn't succeed/stop (icon kept spinning).

Edge extension does not seem to support login across multiple pages. The user name is on one page and the password field is buried on a second page. Using Beta 5.2.4 on Preview 14393. I also hope that it will soon be in the store so we don't have to deal with enabling developer features. Looking forward to having this in the mainstream.