Enpass Discussion Forum

Feature Request: Password Versioning

Vincent

I don't know if password versioning actually qualifies as "Security" but it would definitely be a security for the all thumbs users we sometimes are.

Password versioning would keep old passwords in case, on an all thumbs day, we copy something irrelevant in the password field, or if changing our password on an account fails and we still need our old password. Like file versioning, it would be configurable in number of versions kept, and/or in age of old versions. It would be combined with a recycle bin if we delete an entry by accident.

From a security point of view, I don't believe password versioning poses any risk otherwise a password manager like Keepass wouldn't have implemented it (They are very serious about security, like you are, although Enpass is much more practical in my opinion). For the most paranoid amongst us, password versioning and the recycle bin would be optional, but I would suggest to make it a option selected by default.

Also, password versioning and a recycle bin are fairly easy to implement. I hope we will see it soon in a future version. I sorely miss it since I migrated to Enpass.

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @Vincent

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

It seems you're talking about a password history, this feature is already available in Enpass. You can easily peep into the changed/generated passwords in password generator and even specifically for any item in Enpass. Also, a feature for trash is already on our roadmap for the next major release.

Cheers!