Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass sync fails on all devices

After I started my PC this morning, I started enpass. I saw that the sync failed. The error was "sync failed. No data found on OneDrive". I checked all my other devices here i got the same error.

I use enpass on: 

• Windows (32-Bit App)
  • iOS
  • Android 7
  • Android 9

The enpass app is on all devices in the current version. 

I looked also in OneDrive. The directory where enpass is syncing is still there. I disconnected the sync everywhere and set it up again, but no improvement.

What can I do? I am really dependent on enpass.

hi,

since today i have massive problems to sync enpass with onedrive. every 2nd or 3rd start from enpass i get the notification:

Synchronisationsfehler

Keine Daten gefunden auf OneDrive.

Enpass Version from Apple Appstore 6.5.2 (726)

After closing of Enpass sametimes it works again. File on OneDrive is present.

Is this an Enpass or OneDrive issue?

Best Regards,

MOM20xx

Same here on Android and Windows devices.  Tried reconnecting OneDrive and the first sync might work.  Then resycning will throw same error again.  Using the upload file from device (i.e. replace cloud version with device's) doesn't work for long either.

Screenshot 2021-01-30 173528.jpg

Edited by aleunge

strange. wait a view seconds. open an entry and copy eg. a username to clipboard. enpass will sync again without an issue. but i think it will replace the onedrive file with the local db. so when doing this on a device which has not the current db synced locally you may loose data.

maybe it's a version conflict. i've 6.6.1 on iphone and 6.5.2 on macbook, also 6.5.2 on windows. it could also be that something changed in onedrive sync on onedrive site. they had a lot of new versions since october 2020.

Same here.

I have Enpass on my iPhone, MacBook Pro 16, and iMac 2020 with OneDrive sync.

Repeating restarting the program will eventually succeed in sync, but it actually doesn't sync.

I had 386 items, created one on iPhone yesterday, and my mbp shows 387 items, don't know when it updated, but my iMac shows 386 items even though it says it synchronized a few seconds ago.

I'll try another cloud service as it seems OneDrive had been a problem in the past.

edit: I changed to iCloud and every device syncs smoothly.

Edited by JakeD

@jakeD E.g. Google Drive works also fine. I think there will be a hotfix in the next days. Before writing this thread I checked what I can do. There was the recommandation to remove the rights for enpass to sync with the microsoft account. The second was deleting and recreating the cloud-sync. Both of them didn't work.

Same problem - it keeps cycling back and forth between my devices ... I reconnect on my Android phone (v6.6.1.449) and seems to be working, and then the error appears on my Win10 PC (v6.6.0 (760)).  Or if I stay on my phone, go back to the app - the errorr appears. 

I have removed the app, re-installed etc -- the error continues to reappear.   

Hi All,

We regret the inconvenience and understand that you’re facing issues with OneDrive sync. One of the possible reasons for the problem is changing the OneDrive account from personal to work. Please follow the below steps to restore the sync:

1. Take a manual backup of the data. To do so, follow the below steps:
    • Desktop: Open Enpass--> ≡ menu --> File → Backup All Vaults → Select file location → Save.
    • Mobile: Open Enpass--> Settings --> Advanced --> Backup --> Select On-device.
  2. Disconnect the sync on all devices that are synced with OneDrive.
  3. Log into the OneDrive account from any desktop browser. Remove the folders Enpass and Enpass1 on OneDrive account.
  4. Set up the sync with OneDrive on one device and wait till the sync is configured. 
  5. Now enable sync on all other devices and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps!

@Pratyush Sharma I can only speak for myself but my OneDrive account definitely was not changed from personal to work. From my personal experience if so many people report the same issue within such an short amount of time I think it is not related to the peoples account but the software.

What is even more worse in this situation is the fact that I edited/add passwords on different devices before noticing that this issue exists because sync has simply failed silently in the background. What you are suggesting would mean that I would loose these changes because I'm not aware of a way to merge password from different backups.

Edited by AndréB

1 hour ago, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi All,

We regret the inconvenience and understand that you’re facing issues with OneDrive sync. One of the possible reasons for the problem is changing the OneDrive account from personal to work. Please follow the below steps to restore the sync:

• Desktop: Open Enpass--> ≡ menu --> File → Backup All Vaults → Select file location → Save.
  3. Log into the OneDrive account from any desktop browser. Remove the folders Enpass and Enpass1 on OneDrive account.
  4. Set up the sync with OneDrive on one device and wait till the sync is configured. 

Hope this helps!

Hi, have done this on my Mac (OS10.15.7) -and all other devices- and same notification as before. Have not yet synched the other devices as it didn'ty work on the Master machine .... Any other idea?

One possible solution i got is this: 

• Take a manual backup of the data on all the devices.
  • Disconnect the sync on all devices.
  • Remove/Delete all the Enpass/Enpass 1 folders from the OneDrive account.
  • Login to the site https://account.live.com/consent/Manage with the same Microsoft account and delete all the permissions for Enpass.
  • Re-set up the sync with OneDrive on all the devices and check.

But this did not work. The solution of @joefa didn't work too.

11 minutes ago, Lukasaz1999 said:

One possible solution i got is this: 

• Take a manual backup of the data on all the devices.
  • Disconnect the sync on all devices.
  • Remove/Delete all the Enpass/Enpass 1 folders from the OneDrive account.
  • Login to the site https://account.live.com/consent/Manage with the same Microsoft account and delete all the permissions for Enpass.
  • Re-set up the sync with OneDrive on all the devices and check.

But this did not work. The solution of @joefa didn't work too.

I tried this, but it didn't work. It worked only when there were problems with the new vault architecture, but in this case is not applicable.

2 hours ago, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi All,

Hope this helps!

the onedrive account did not change. if we search your forum, we'll see that this is the more or less usefull solution you have for your customers since years. debug your software and fix it. as i said i can open enpass, then the error comes. doining nothing the error goes and comes again. all the time the file is present in onedrive. 

take a look at the version history of the file in onedrive. even if there was no change from user side the file gets updated every time enpass is opening.

as asked in a other thread please answer while the enpass folder and the db file in onedrive have onedrive shared icons even if they are not shared.

and at last please think about if this is the right way to ask your customers for more and more money for a software that has more and more bugs. e.g. since october 2020 enpass mac app store version is unusable on mac os high sierra and you are not able to change the app store version to a version that works. instead of this you release 6.6 for ios and ask for more money for more more or less usefull features.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOM20xx said:

the onedrive account did not change. if we search your forum, we'll see that this is the more or less usefull solution you have for your customers since years. debug your software and fix it. as i said i can open enpass, then the error comes. doining nothing the error goes and comes again. all the time the file is present in onedrive. 

take a look at the version history of the file in onedrive. even if there was no change from user side the file gets updated every time enpass is opening.

as asked in a other thread please answer while the enpass folder and the db file in onedrive have onedrive shared icons even if they are not shared.

and at last please think about if this is the right way to ask your customers for more and more money for a software that has more and more bugs. e.g. since october 2020 enpass mac app store version is unusable on mac os high sierra and you are not able to change the app store version to a version that works. instead of this you release 6.6 for ios and ask for more money for more more or less usefull features.

In total agreement with the above statement - at least appear to look like you even understand what the issue is instead of responding with a boiler plate response.   You are charging fees and subscriptions ... it would be nice to provide the expected support that goes with that.  Currently, the issue is across all my devices ranging from Android 11, Server 2016, Win10 Insider Preview, and Win10 Current Release - and the only thing common thing is OneDrive - and I haven't changed anything on my Onedrive settings etc.  So, please can you offer some solutions beyond the boiler plate response throughout this forum.

• Like 3