Enpass Discussion Forum

Modern Windows 10 app and Browser extensions

drizzi

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Akash Vyas

Hey guys, 

The requested feature is technically not possible. Being an offline Password manager Enpass saves your database locally on your device and in order to autofill in websites, Enpass extension has to rely on the main app to fetch the data. That is why it should be opened in the background always. For more details please go to this link.

On 1/21/2018 at 2:48 AM, Jubei said:

+1 - Just bought the app in the Microsoft store not realizing that I can't use the browser extensions with it ... would love to just have to have the 1 app installed.

I would like to let you know that the Current UWP App doesn't support the external browser extensions due to sandbox restrictions and unavailability of required APIs to communicate with third party Apps. So to use browser extensions you have to use the traditional Windows PC App or the free bridge app from the Windows Store.

Cheers! 

On 12.2.2018 at 12:16 PM, Akash Vyas said:

Hey guys, 

The requested feature is technically not possible. Being an offline Password manager Enpass saves your database locally on your device and in order to autofill in websites, Enpass extension has to rely on the main app to fetch the data. That is why it should be opened in the background always. For more details please go to this link.

I would like to let you know that the Current UWP App doesn't support the external browser extensions due to sandbox restrictions and unavailability of required APIs to communicate with third party Apps. So to use browser extensions you have to use the traditional Windows PC App or the free bridge app from the Windows Store.

Cheers! 

Hello Akash,

thanks for your answer - but this is a no-go. traditional and free bridge design is compared to uwp app extraordinary awful, old fashioned and has nothing to do with usability.

cheers too