Enpass Discussion Forum

Dropbox sync broken for Mac and iOS. Error 204035

Eachie

While there was no new IOS app, some work done on the gateway to Dropbox allowed me to re-authenticate and then sync successfully.

OK, Enpass team good work on delivering a fix.

What was learned about how to monitor Dropbox connections for an early alert to problems that can be caused by something Dropbox changes on their API?

3 hours ago, Lewisl said:

some work done on the gateway to Dropbox allowed me to re-authenticate and then sync successfully.

Thanks the update. Would you expand upon the fix, please? Was the "work done on the gateway to Dropbox" within the iOS app? What steps did you take? The macOS version is syncing again for me, but the iOS version continues to return the 204035 error. UPDATE: I downloaded the current version of the iOS app on my iPad and followed instructions to register it using an email address. I powered down my iPad and left it off for 60 seconds before restarting. I went to the sync setting in the iOS Enpass app and selected the Dropbox account email address. It started syncing again and this time it worked. Thanks to all involved for getting this resolved.

Edited by TE#
  • Like 1

Still broken on Ipad. Deleted Enpass app. Downloaded 6.6.2 from app store. Shut down ipad. restarted ipad. launched enpass. it asked to restore existing vault. I chose Dropbox. Enpass presents its own dialog for logging in to Dropbox. I entered correct credentials. Spinning circle forever.  It is possible to launch Safari from the dialog. this presents a login prompt to connect enpass. Accepts the credentials and says enpass connected with button to return.  but a stub of the enpass dialog remains. must cancel this. then it is possible to tap return button to go back to the enpass app. but, the enpass app hangs and will not restore the vault data. 

this is quite inconsistent with what happened on iphone. 

Still very broken. 

Do you test at all?

Still broken on Ipad. Deleted Enpass app. Downloaded 6.6.2 from app store. Shut down ipad. restarted ipad. launched enpass. it asked to restore existing vault. I chose Dropbox. Enpass presents its own dialog for logging in to Dropbox. I entered correct credentials. Spinning circle forever.  It is possible to launch Safari from the dialog. this presents a login prompt to connect enpass. Accepts the credentials and says enpass connected with button to return.  but a stub of the enpass dialog remains. must cancel this. then it is possible to tap return button to go back to the enpass app. but, the enpass app hangs and will not restore the vault data. 

this is quite inconsistent with what happened on iphone. 

Still very broken. 

Do you test at all?

@Garima

I signed out of Dropbox on all devices. The dialog box presented by the Enpass app to login to Dropbox to gain authorization still hangs.

Very bad. You haven't really fixed this as it is unreliable. There is something wrong about how you initially attempt to reach Dropbox.

Enpass shows up as an authorized app on my Dropbox account. This is why 2 out of 3 devices were able to connect. After logging out of all devices to do what you suggested (grasping at straws...), I signed into Dropbox on the other 2 devices (a Mac and an iPhone). The good news is that upon signing in to Dropbox both of these devices sync.

It would appear that you have a problem with iPadOS. Once upon a time it was identical to IOS--indeed, it WAS IOS. But, Apple saw fit to change it. While its plumbing should have remained, since most of what Apple wanted to do was change UI to take advantage of the larger form factor, it would appear some other stuff was changed by Apple. Perhaps you don't have an iPad Pro to test on. Yes, they are expensive especially in India. Unfortunately, your test "lab" (or just someone's desk) will need all representative hardware/OS combinations on which you run. (You can try your luck on all the divergent versions of Android--that's not your fault--and a bunch might work.) For major platforms you have to bear the cost or simply state that you no longer supporting certain hardware/OS platforms. That's your choice...

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app on the iPad for the 3rd time. It's so bad that it is impossible to restore the existing vault. It is impossible to sign-in to Dropbox from the iPad OS version of Enpass. Arguably it is Apple's fault or Dropbox's for changing something iPad specific (rather than across both versions of IOS). But, it is your responsibility to test on all environments that you intend to support.

I can restore the vault from a downloaded file, which I had to do before. Of course, it won't sync and this is a temporary expedient.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The new 6.8.5 Update DID NOT solve this issue!

This issue reemerged around the release of iOS 15.6.1-15.7. Which was BEFORE the release of 6.8.3 on 2022.09.27.

I know that I started seeing the issue before 2022.09.15.

I am currently using iOS 16.1 now.

The main indicator is that the App will not Sync with Dropbox after the initial sync. There is NO ERROR.

When going to the Dropbox Sync Menu;

1. There is no "Last Synced" Date, it is blank.
  2. Hitting "Sync Now" never completes a Sync, just sits on "Synchronizing..." no matter how much time has passed.
  3. Getting out the the App and going back in causes immediate crash, Next attempt will open back up.
    • App Opens on Attempts: 1, 3, 5, 7...
    • App Crashes on Attempts: 2, 4, 6, 8...

Delete App, Reinstall, Reactivate. Sync with Dropbox. Works once. Won’t Sync again.

So not happy!

Edited by bu11etpr00f

Hey @bu11etpr00f,

I appreciate your efforts in sharing that Enpass is not syncing with DropBox. In order to resolve this issue, I would suggest you try the following steps:

1. Firstly, take a manual backup of your data on all the devices.
  2. Secondly, disconnect the DropBox sync from all your devices.
  3. Now, login to your DropBox account in a browser → Open the Enpass folder → Select vault.enpassdbsync file → Rename it as oldvault.enpassbdsync.
  4. Try to reconnect the device that has the latest updated data with DropBox. If synced fine, sync the rest of the devices.
  5. If sync starts to work fine, you can delete the renamed old backup file from step 3.

@Manish Chokwal

Enpass is Syncing correctly on my Windows Workstation, my Mac, and my Linux Workstation. It is only not working on iOS.

Are your recommended steps still applicable, being that this is the case? I am not the only one experiencing this issue. All the recent App Reviews in the iOS App Store are plagued with similar reports.

Edited by bu11etpr00f

• 3 months later...