Enpass Discussion Forum

Bug - Windows does not sync entries edited on Android or MacOSX

EDIT 5 Nov 2018 (10 months later): the problem is still here in v5.6.8. The Windows client does not fetch updated entries edited in the Android or MacOSX clients (but Linux, Android, MacOSX update just fine).

I have the Android app v5.6.4 and the Windows v5.6.5. I created a sync with my own webdav server. It works fine, except one tricky part:

• if I edit an item in Windows that exists in both Android, it syncs and i can see the new edits in Android. Great.
  • if I create a new item in Windows, it syncs and I can see it in Android. Great.
  • if I edit an item in Android that exists in both Android, it syncs and i can see the new edits in Windows. Great.
  • if I create a new item in Android, it syncs (confirmed by the last sync times in each app) but I cannot see it Windows! Not great!

It seems that somehow the Android app does not send the new data over via Webdav on all updates to the database. Looks like a bug.

Edited by newsdize

Not sure I can share a demo account on the webdav as it's on a private network. It's the webdav server from Seafile via Apache.

Doing more tests, I'm now almost sure that the bug is in the Windows Enpass cilent. I have the android app, Linux (ubuntu x64) client, and also the Windows client.

When creating a new item in the Android app, it shows up in the Linux client upon sync, but it does not show up in the WIndows client at all, regardless of how many times I sync. However, quitting the Enpass WIndows client and relaunching it, it will sync and then the item will show up.

I seem to notice also that when it was not showing up in WIndows, the icon for syncing kept spinning for a long time ... as if it was stalling. The webdav server was fine and the connection to it was also fine, since it worked instantly after i restarted the windows client

• 1 month later...

This is still a problem in 5.6.5 and it's a pretty important bug because it means that all stuff you add in Android doesn't get to Windows and you are forced to use other sharing means (warning: NOT secure means, e.g. email) in order to transfer it to the Windows machine.

Can you guys please fix this bug?

To reproduce:

• Setup webdav sync in android
  • setup same webdav sync in windows
  • Edit an existing item fro the Password category (as an example) from Android, by adding a new text field and entering a value
  • allow android to sync (check it synced)
  • sync the windows client
  • windows client should see the new entry, but it does not
  • relaunch the windows client and sync again
  • windows client should see the new entry, but it still does not

NOTE: The Ubuntu client is working without any issues, using the same webdav sync setup. It instantly gets the newly added field without relaunching. No issues there. It's clearly the Windows client that has a problem.

Edited by newsdize

• 3 months later...

Hello? Is any dev looking into this? It's been 6 months, you released several versions since then, the bug is still there in v5.6.9. Not trying to chastize you, but just saying.

See my reproducible steps above. Now it happened also with new values in existing fields for a credit card item.

Edited by newsdize

• 4 months later...

This is now hapenning when editing from MacOS as well. Editing an existing entry on MacOSX or on Android will NOT update it on Windows, but it does update it just fine on Llinux, MacOSx and Android (all sync'ed on WebDAV).

This is clearly a bug in the windows client.

Is anyone looking into this? It's been 10 months ...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the exact same issue between iOS and Windows, synced on Google Drive - would also appreciate a response from Enpass dev when this will be resolved

Amending and adding new items on Windows syncs just fine to iOS

Amending and adding new items on iOS does not sync to Windows

Hey @M_Sweden,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

For quick troubleshooting please disconnects the sync from all the devices and re-connect it again. Now do some sample change like mark any item to favorite, add a new item, add a new folder in any one device. Now check does the changes are reflected in other devices.

If your problem still persists, please share some more info so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which all devices (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Are you getting any error message or code during sync? If yes, share it with us.
  • Does the Date and Time setting set to automatic on all devices?
  • Does the last synced and last attempted time get updated on the sync page? 
  • Log into your Google Drive account and look for the Enpass folder there (should be one Enpass folder there). Now inside that folder, check for the sync_default.walletx for the number of copies it has (should be one).

Thanks for your co-operation.