Enpass Discussion Forum

Virus found by Norton

JJK

This morning around 7:04am I received a virus notification from Norton that a Heur.AdvML.B virus was found for file EnpassStartup.exe.

As a result, Norton removed this file and I'm now unable to run Enpass.

Can anyone advise how I can resolve this so I can use Enpass again?

28 minutes ago, MilesTEG said:

Me too, also Bitdefender. Just received the flag 30 minutes ago after booting up.

It's a Microsoft Store installation

The file C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_6.52.724.0_x86__fwdy0m65qb6h2\EnpassStartup\EnpassStartup.exe is infected with Gen:Suspicious.Cloud.4.auW@aKCZu9ai and was moved to quarantine.

28 minutes ago, MilesTEG said:

Same here.  Norton 360 is reporting...
=================================
Filename: EnpassStartup.exe
Threat name: Heur.AdvML.BFull Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_6.60.770.0_x86__fwdy0m65qb6h2\EnpassStartup\EnpassStartup.exe

On computers as of
2/6/2021 at 5:49:00 PM

Last Used
2/6/2021 at 5:51:00 PM

Startup Item
No

Launched
No

Threat type: Heuristic Virus. Detection of a threat based on malware heuristics.

EnpassStartup.exe Threat name: Heur.AdvML.B
Locate

Many Users
Thousands of users in the Norton Community have used this file.

New
This file was released 12 days ago.

High
This file risk is high.

Source: External Media

Source File:
EnpassStartup.exe

File Actions

File: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_6.60.770.0_x86__fwdy0m65qb6h2\EnpassStartup\ EnpassStartup.exe Removed

File Thumbprint - SHA:
e365e7844891cf58fa9d9bd4e12cd02fe6704707876d36844e3c993443c57f5a
File Thumbprint - MD5:
f119c88913ea859e2a13ff78b20af5c2

=================================

Really need to Enpass Technologies Inc. to provide a response and course of action for resolution.

Thank you!

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

It is a heuristics based detection by the Antivirus and most certainly a false positive. This executable is used to launch Enpass on system startup. It is perfectly safe to use. We have submitted a ticket to the concerned team in Norton and other Antivirus. Once they correct it from their end, you won't see this message anymore. 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 7:42 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

It is a heuristics based detection by the Antivirus and most certainly a false positive. This executable is used to launch Enpass on system startup. It is perfectly safe to use. We have submitted a ticket to the concerned team in Norton and other Antivirus. Once they correct it from their end, you won't see this message anymore. 

Thanks!

OK, but it´s not solving the complete problem. I restored the file from the Norton quarantine but Norton has stored the file not in the right folder. And the folder where it should be is not exisiting anymore. Result: Autostart of enpass is not working. How i can fix this?

Update:

OK the folder exist, only viewable when i change the view options in Explorer (hidden/system). But the folder is restricted, i give me full rights to the folder but i can´t copy the EnpassStartup.exe to the folder.

Edited by Morpheus2010
Update

• 3 weeks later...