Enpass Discussion Forum

error message when Win is started

after win 10 is started one error message is coming

[Window Title]
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_6.60.770.0_x86__fwdy0m65qb6h2\EnpassStartup\EnpassStartup.exe

[Content]
"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_6.60.770.0_x86__fwdy0m65qb6h2\EnpassStartup\EnpassStartup.exe" konnte nicht gefunden werden. Stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie den Namen richtig eingegeben haben und wiederholen Sie den Vorgang.

So I don't know, what is missing.

Enpass is running, but to each start of Win this message is coming.

Hi @not_always_the_newest @DanielBatesUK,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

It is a heuristics based detection by the Antivirus and most certainly a false positive. This executable is used to launch Enpass on system startup. It is perfectly safe to use. We have submitted a ticket to the concerned team in Norton and other Antivirus. Once they correct it from their end, you won't see this message anymore. 

Thanks!

I had the same problem.

This happens only with the enpass-App installed from the Windows Store, not with the setup-File from your homepage (Enpass-setup.exe)

My Norton has moved the exe-file to quarantine; I tried to restore the file, but was unable to save it at original place. "Access denied"
I have used an usb-boot-stick with Linux to copy the file to it's path. It worked.

But after re-booting into windows - error message pops-up with same exe-File "Wrong parameter"

At least I have uninstalled that windows-app from the store; installed the normal setup-file and all is working fine now
But I had to completely re-configure the program with my data.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @Bleeddragon

Thanks for writing in.

The difference between the website version and the store version is that the website version of Enpass allows you to change the data location of the Enpass app, which is not possible with the store version of the Enpass app.

Another difference is that with store version of Enpass, you will be able to use full-time windows hello or Touch ID feature, which is not possible with website version of Enpass.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Bleeddragon

Thanks for writing in.

The difference between the website version and the store version is that the website version of Enpass allows you to change the data location of the Enpass app, which is not possible with the store version of the Enpass app.

Another difference is that with store version of Enpass, you will be able to use full-time windows hello or Touch ID feature, which is not possible with website version of Enpass.

Thanks Garima

• Like 1