Enpass Discussion Forum

Switch from two individual accounts to new family account

My son an I are using individual plans since July 2020, as a family plan wasn't available then. I will now create a new family account for my wife and would would like to "seamlessly" switch my son and me from the individual plans to the new family plan (i.e. without having to maually transfer passwords from the old to the nrew accounts). Is this possible and if yes, how?

Thanks & Regards, Martin

Hi @Martin Zaiser,

Welcome to the forums!

On 2/7/2021 at 7:54 PM, Martin Zaiser said:

without having to maually transfer passwords from the old to the nrew accounts). Is this possible and if yes, how?

Enpass is an offline password manager. We don't keep your data on our servers, and it's saved locally on your device. So there is no need to transfer the data as it will remain on the devices.

Regarding family purchase: You can purchase the family plan from our website and add up to 6 members (via Enpass Family console). Once added, members will receive an email with instructions to unlock the Premium version on their devices.

Please ensure that you and your son should unsubscribe from the previously purchased individual plan to avoid further renewal charges after buying a family plan.

On 2/7/2021 at 3:24 PM, Martin Zaiser said:

My son an I are using individual plans since July 2020, as a family plan wasn't available then. I will now create a new family account for my wife and would would like to "seamlessly" switch my son and me from the individual plans to the new family plan (i.e. without having to maually transfer passwords from the old to the nrew accounts). Is this possible and if yes, how?

Thanks & Regards, Martin

Elaborating on what @Pratyush Sharmasaid, The "registered account" in Enpass isn't tied to your vault nor the sync-provider.

It's solely affects functionality in the app. Changing or removing the registered email for an Enpass-installation won't affect the data, the same relation applies if you're backing up\restoring vaults. Registration \ subscription is an extra step, not tied to the neither data or cloud-access.