Enpass Discussion Forum

Sync broken on Android for Box and Dropbox

Da Kine

On both my Nexus 6p and Nexus 9, sync works after clearing data for the app, but fails every time thereafter. It simply shows the spinning circle for as long as I let it. It works on my somewhat older Windows client if I close / reopen the app. For now, I just copy manually from box and restore, but this is a pain.

As an experiment, I tried again tonight and on Dropbox, the folder for Enpass is created but the sync data file is not added to the folder.

I have the very latest Android version (v6.0.1) with the July 5, 2016 security update on both devices.

Please let us know what the status on this issue is.

Hi @Da Kine,

We apologize for the inconvenience. There was an issue in the Box SDK itself and we have fixed it. An update will be rolled out soon. Till then, we request you to please bear and cooperate with us.

I would also like to let you know that the Dropbox server was down a few days ago. Could you please try to sync with Dropbox again and let us know if the issue persists.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @arigldstn,

First of all, please let me offer my sincere apologies for your frustration here. Some times the things get really out of control when they are dependent on the third party like Box here. We always do our best to fix the issues and introduce the new features as soon as possible. 

The issue of sync with Box has been fixed in the beta v5.2.2 along with a good news of support for Android Wear. So please expect the final version coming very soon.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am having the same problem syncing with Box as described above.  In other words, the only time the app will sync is when I uninstall and reinstall it.  Otherwise, it will not sync.  I also tried to sync with Google Drive, but that does not work either.  As with Box, the circle just keep spinning endlessly.  Please help.