Enpass Discussion Forum

Cannot setup sync with Dropbox

Lewisl

Very angry and frustrated with Enpass dithering and poor support.

This is follow-on to the problem with Enpass not syncing with Dropbox.  6.6.2 doesn’t solve it. 

I have deleted Enpass, redownloaded it, shut down the ipad and restarted it many times. Nothing works. 

I have restored the vault by manually downloading it into Enpass. Of course, Enpass documentation is wrong but it is easy to figure out. 

Now the problem is that it is impossible to set up syncing. 

The problem is that the dialog box for signing in to Dropbox displayed by Enpass does not allow signing in. 

Second, this dialog box provides a button to open Dropbox login in Safari. So, I do that. I am already logged in to Dropbox. Dropbox correctly displays an Allow authorization page. 

But, the handoff back to the Enpass app is broken:

Tapping Allow brings up an Open dialog from Enpass. You must choose either cancel (do nothing) or Open. Tapping Open switches back to the Enpass app, but you are stuck on the dialog for signing in to Dropbox. There is no way to get Enpass to accept the Authorization returned by Dropbox from Safari. 

I expect the Director of Development to assign a team to fix this problem with priority over all other work 

I expect a formal, public apology from the CEO (if there is one) of Sinew Software. I have wasted hours attempting to work around the problem. You treat paying customers with wanton disrespect. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2021 at 8:18 PM, Lewisl said:

Very angry and frustrated with Enpass dithering and poor support.

This is follow-on to the problem with Enpass not syncing with Dropbox.  6.6.2 doesn’t solve it. 

I have deleted Enpass, redownloaded it, shut down the ipad and restarted it many times. Nothing works. 

I have restored the vault by manually downloading it into Enpass. Of course, Enpass documentation is wrong but it is easy to figure out. 

Now the problem is that it is impossible to set up syncing. 

The problem is that the dialog box for signing in to Dropbox displayed by Enpass does not allow signing in. 

Second, this dialog box provides a button to open Dropbox login in Safari. So, I do that. I am already logged in to Dropbox. Dropbox correctly displays an Allow authorization page. 

But, the handoff back to the Enpass app is broken:

Tapping Allow brings up an Open dialog from Enpass. You must choose either cancel (do nothing) or Open. Tapping Open switches back to the Enpass app, but you are stuck on the dialog for signing in to Dropbox. There is no way to get Enpass to accept the Authorization returned by Dropbox from Safari. 

I expect the Director of Development to assign a team to fix this problem with priority over all other work 

I expect a formal, public apology from the CEO (if there is one) of Sinew Software. I have wasted hours attempting to work around the problem. You treat paying customers with wanton disrespect. 

Hi buddy, have been using them so far not any such poor exprience, did you try contacting the support via mail or offline support?

Regards,

Yevin J. Hodge