Enpass Discussion Forum

is there a way to copy a field and duplicate it?

speedyallan77

there are 2 fundamental things that are missing in this app and for that reason i find notepad way easier.

1.duplicating a field:

so i can edit the field name etc and add a new item.

but now the only way is to manually copy the field title and add new item , then paste it.

very hard.

should be a simple option to copy paste field.

2. being able to copy the field title and content not just the content (example. password)

when doing a business there are several scenarios where id have to send details to a friend.

but there is no option to copy field title. only way is to edit>copy field title.

much harder.

exampe there is a field title:

password - 123455678

there is a copy button where i can copy password but no option to copy both title and and content(password)

there should be option to drag like in windows desktop. drag and select multiple items with mouse and be able to copy either just the content or title and content.

we should be able to use this option to even be able to drag and select multiple items, create a copy and paste it on an empty space, then drag and reposition items according to our need.

now the only way to send large sections of the item to my friend is to manually type the field name 1 by 1, and then manually copy the field content `1 by 1

super incovenient.

if i could rather drag and highlight an entire portion  of fields and content and paste somewhere that would be great.

also now the only way to do it is by screenshot and the problem is you cant copy paste stuff from screenshot, you have to manually type

Hey @speedyallan77

Thank you for reaching out about this. I can absolutely see having this functionality would be useful and really appreciate you for your exploring the app and giving time to share this valuable suggestion. The suggestion has been noted and forwarded for further consideration.

Enpass does allow you to easily share any item outside by selecting the fields using the steps below-

1. Open the item which you want to share.
  2. Tap on the ⋮ menu > Select Share. An alert with a warning message will appear.
  3. Choose the fields which you want to share. If you want to share the complete item, we recommend to encrypt it using a PSK for secure sharing. (PSKs can be created in advance settings of Enpass).
  4. Tap on Share, and Choose the medium through which you want to share your item. Here you can also copy the data to clipboard.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• 2 years later...