Enpass Discussion Forum

STOP censoring customers opinion

ProUser

To my surprise, you are removing all threads related to how you are squeezing pro users.

First, you blocked the main topic with no reason. Could you provide any reason why you closed that topic which was quite alive?

Later, you have literally removed several threads related with the same topic.

This is a shame! You have messed around with PRO users and their lifetime licenses and now you are even censoring our opinion! It seems that you actually don't care about your users at all. 

PS: Let see how long it takes you to remove this topic again..

Doubt you'll get a reply. So far they're not willing to do more than give the same standard reply.

Due to the LastPass changes, people are looking for a new password manager and due to the shady business practice, me and others have recommended people to steer away. It's a shame, but oh well...

Either stop with lifetime all together and honor all current subscriptions or stop with it all together.

I can understand a charge for the people who got pro for free, but for the people who paid...

Edited by MoonRaven
  • Like 1

I've moved my passwords to bitwarden due to this. In the long run, it seems like the cheapest place and yes, I pay for it. I think Enpass is a great solution, the business management is just really messed up.

I do hope you'll fix your business model at some point. We all want you to succeed, we all want to move on from this blemish.

On the other hand, the removal of the mobile banner has taken over 3 months already. As a software developer myself, it's clear this has 0 priority. Having an option to hide it would take me less than a day. Including review in iOS and Android, it would've taken a couple of days at best.

Point is. I'm just really sad that a product I've actively promoted is going this route. In the last couple of months, I compare this to freemake. A product that has featureset x, you pay for it as a lifetime subscription.. Then it has feautreset x+y, It's also a lifetime subscription, but y is excluded from the previous subscription. Their lifetime subscription keeps expanding, but never does it include the new options. It's not a way to run a business. Either be honest and kill of lifetime subscriptions and honor the ones you have (like malwarebytes) or be honest and offer a great deal to your current lifetime subscribers explaining that new features aren't feasible. And no, a 50 cent discount on a year subscription does not count as that. The subscription you're offering is even more expensive compared to the new lifetime subscription you offered for the new premium subscription for $25.

Again, I have promoted Enpass in the past, I like the product, I just hate the business model you're going for and due to that, I have to actively send people away from the product. The reason I post this is because I care way more than I should. Most people will just cut their losses and move on.

Edited by MoonRaven
  • Like 2

Enpass is a great product. But the business model and company behind isn't anymore for me.
I understand that they need to make money to deliver a good product in the long term, but it's sad how they treat their first paying customers.

I have also drawn conclusions from this and switched to Bitwarden. I pay for it because 10$ per year is very fair. And I'm very happy with it.
Why didn't you offer your existing customers a good deal to upgrade their subscription? Maybe I would have thought about it and stayed.

Dear Enpass team, I hope you learn from this. And please stop the censorship of your customer voice and opinions.
You can see what happened to LastPass and be happy that it is not so far for you.

• Like 3