Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass protect your password but it steals your money at the same time!

Gabriele

I bought Enapass when it costs a few euros and I have reinstalled a new account since I have forgotten the main password and it is impossible to recover it! I want to buy the app to use more than few password but.....now it costs more than 30 euros!! And it seems that also when you bought the professional version they continue to ask for money to protect more and more! This is a theft!!! Why there isn't a special price for who have already a professional account and forgot their password? Why I have to pay more than 30 euros when I already pay for that in the past and I forgot my password? Why I payed 9 euros and now you are asking more than 30!? I think I will choose another app because the have become too much unfair!

Hi @Gabriele,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that if you had paid for the Enpass app once, you wouldn't have to pay again to save more items. To find out the cause please share the following details with us at support@enpass.io mentioning link to this post.

• Are you using Enpass on the same device?
  • Are you logged in to the Store using the same account from which you purchased the Enpass app?
  • Share the screenshot of your Purchase Receipt.

Stay assured your purchase is safe.

HI, I have bought Enpass professional edition some years ago, to be able to insert more than 20 password and I lost my master password! I continue to use Empass using the fingerprint but now I was forced to change my smartphone and I need to install Enpass again. But now, without the master password i cannot do it again without create a new user and pay again. I will follow your suggestion and will get in contact with Support.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 2:43 PM, Gabriele said:

HI, I have bought Enpass professional edition some years ago, to be able to insert more than 20 password and I lost my master password! I continue to use Empass using the fingerprint but now I was forced to change my smartphone and I need to install Enpass again. But now, without the master password i cannot do it again without create a new user and pay again. I will follow your suggestion and will get in contact with Support.

Thanks

You've got it wrong in how it works.. you'll probably get help from support, but just to chime in; The registered account tied to your purchase isn't related to your encrypted vault. it just gives extra functionality, like unlimited Items youre mentioning..

If you have a license tied to a email, you can create one or more vaults. Without license you can only have one vault (the primary one).

In what feels like a glitch in Enpass' thought-out design, it's possible to Create a new Vault with your desired password, then copy All items from the initial vault to the new one (move or copy). make sure to backup the later one.

You don't have to authenticate with password for that copy\move-operation, so by doing that you can work around the requirement to authenticate for changing password and stuff like that.

17 hours ago, Ivarson said:

You've got it wrong in how it works.. you'll probably get help from support, but just to chime in; The registered account tied to your purchase isn't related to your encrypted vault. it just gives extra functionality, like unlimited Items youre mentioning..

If you have a license tied to a email, you can create one or more vaults. Without license you can only have one vault (the primary one).

In what feels like a glitch in Enpass' thought-out design, it's possible to Create a new Vault with your desired password, then copy All items from the initial vault to the new one (move or copy). make sure to backup the later one.

You don't have to authenticate with password for that copy\move-operation, so by doing that you can work around the requirement to authenticate for changing password and stuff like that.

Thank you for your support, but sincerely I haven't understand how to do what you are describing me.Basically I need to use a new account to be able to create a new password (previous password has been lost) to have full access to my data (which I will copy from my manual backup) both on the phone and the pc. Anyway I have already bought the full licence in the past so I would like to avoid to spend more money again. Thanks

To do the above, you need to be able to have two vaults in Enpass. This requires Enpass Pro or Premium.

When you bought the license, it should be tied to an email-address you entered at the time.

Do you currently have the Pro-license activated in Enpass? If so you you just create a new Vault and copy all the items from the current one into the new one.

Its important that you distinguish Account from Vault.

You can only have one account registered in Enpass. This has nothing to do with the actual content\items, but as said earlier, the Account needs to leverage Pro or Premium features.

The vault doesnt contain any registration-info, it's purely the encrypted items. In free mode your stuck with one vault. In Pro or Premium, you can create additional vaults after the main one is created.

If you really do need to change the account within Enpass, this doesnt require you enter your Master Password neither.. Hope i've shed some light.. 

Thank you for your kind reply.  In the past I started with the free version but after a bit of time I paid for the licence. I have reached the support for ask how to recover the master passwored. They said to me that is not possible. In the meantime I need to change the smartphone so I reinstall Enpass and now I can enter my previous backup, but like before, I haven't the master password, so, for example, I cannot use enpass on my pc like before (with the master password). So I need to return to the full use of the app, both with the touch id and with the master password. When I re-install Enpass, if I choose existing user, Enpass ask me the master password to enter, and if I choose new user, I can build a mew account but I have to pay to have the licence (although I have already a licence for Enpass).

1 hour ago, Gabriele said:

Thank you for your kind reply.  In the past I started with the free version but after a bit of time I paid for the licence. I have reached the support for ask how to recover the master passwored. They said to me that is not possible. In the meantime I need to change the smartphone so I reinstall Enpass and now I can enter my previous backup, but like before, I haven't the master password, so, for example, I cannot use enpass on my pc like before (with the master password). So I need to return to the full use of the app, both with the touch id and with the master password. When I re-install Enpass, if I choose existing user, Enpass ask me the master password to enter, and if I choose new user, I can build a mew account but I have to pay to have the licence (although I have already a licence for Enpass).

Sorry, but I fail to follow.

No you can't recover the password, nor change it, without knowing the current one.

If you still have access to all your items from any device (by using biometric), you are able to change (if needed) the registered email (account) to get Pro-features (setting up a second vault).

If you can't get into the vault by any means, you're locked out if you don't have older backups.

If you still have access to the data with biometric login, Enpass Support should be able to assist you if you need help to

a. Changing the account so you'll get the Pro-features you pay for

b. Setting up a second vault with fresh password (wont need the password for initial vault), copy all items from vault A to vault B, perform backup on vault B, wipe Enpass data and setting it up again restoring the backup you just made.

Anyway, hope support will help you out.

Thank you for your reply! I have the manual backup using the export function of Enpass, so I haven't lose my data.

But I cannot access to my previous phone because it has broken so I have a new phone but I cannot enter to enpass using my previous account since I have forgot the master password. I only can create a new user but I cannot understand why I have to pay one more account since I had the Pro-features in my current one (that I can't have access on it since my old phone doesn't run - not not even with the biometric).

This is my situation.

Hope to have clarified enough

Thanks

1 hour ago, Gabriele said:

Thank you for your reply! I have the manual backup using the export function of Enpass, so I haven't lose my data.

But I cannot access to my previous phone because it has broken so I have a new phone but I cannot enter to enpass using my previous account since I have forgot the master password. I only can create a new user but I cannot understand why I have to pay one more account since I had the Pro-features in my current one (that I can't have access on it since my old phone doesn't run - not not even with the biometric).

This is my situation.

Hope to have clarified enough

Thanks

You should reword the title of the post. It’s needlessly inflammatory. Enpass is not stealing your money

regarding your situation. Your backup won’t help if you don’t remember the master password. Your only option is to find a device with enpass still logged in and you can use that to export your content out.  If you only had one device with enpass logged in which is now broken and don’t remember the master password, you can’t do anything else.  You are locked out for good. 

Dear John I have already exported my contents before my previous smatphone get broken. The only think I want to say is that I have already paid for an advanced account and I have also shared the screenshot of my Purchase Receipt. At this point I think it will be fair from Enpass to allow me to have a new account without pay other money since, I repeat, I have already paid for a professional account. If this will not be possible they have stolen my money, because I will need to pay for an account I have already paid. I agree about the fact that if someone loses their password, it can't be recovered (for safety reason) but Enpass should put me in a position to use the service I have paid. It is not a matter of how to recover my data (I have already a backup of them) but I need to use the service I have paid. I will change the title basing on the feedback I will receive from the support, otherwise I think the title is right!