Enpass Discussion Forum

Constantly crashing

Fotan

Hey @Fotan

Welcome to the forum!

That's strange. Please share the below details so that we can check the issue:

• Did you start facing this issue recently - like after an Enpass update, or did you face the same problem earlier as well?
  • On which device with OS version are you facing this issue?
  • Which exact Enpass and Enpass extension version are you using on the same device?
  • Are you facing the same problem with other browsers too?
  • Which Firefox version you using?

Thanks!

Just recently.  Maybe 10 days ago.  That's about when I really started using Enpass though.  Or, at least when I had something going on where I was doing a lot of searching and adding new records.  The searching, not finding what I need, then back-spacing is what causes the issue.

MacOS v10.15.7 (Catalina)
Enpass 6.6.0 (772) (Mac App Store)
Firefox v85.0.2 (64-bit)
Extension v6.5.1  Last Updated January 17, 2021
I don't use any other browsers

I also noticed the Mac desktop app crashing a lot recently as I've been updating my database--updating passwords, URLs, reorganizing, & deleting entries (using 2 vaults synced with Dropbox and OneDrive respectively).  At one point it crashed 4 times in 5 minutes.

OS and app versions below:

image.png.e2d513980f15c8d7988cbb64dac6c5d1.png

image.png.72c60a7ebbe0a44d018b5ce34cfb2e46.png

I also just discovered this crashing problem, i am using webdav sync and it has been crashing when I started deleting old credentials and syncing was happening. The sync indicator turned red after i restarted the app, The crash caused my vault (in cloud storage service) to have an error where my vault password/credentials no longer worked. I moved the cloud vault to another folder and resynced my local vault to the same cloud folder and that resolved the issue (. This has happened twice this morning. I confirmed that my other devices are able to sync to the newly uploaded vault and they pulled down the changes without issue. MACOS Big Sur Latest patch level.

Edited by chickenlover

Hi @chickenlover,

That's strange. Please share the below details so that we can check the issue:

• Did you start facing this issue recently - like after an Enpass update, or did you face the same problem earlier as well?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on the same device?
  • Did you make any changes to your WebDAV account recently?
  • Is it possible for you to share a demo account of your WebDAV server on support@enpass.io, so we can set up the sync at our end and check for issues?

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hello, I have only started using Enpass as my primary password manager for the last two weeks so it is the latest version. 

I am using version 6.6.0 (772) on Macbook Pro Big Sur (latest update)

I made no changes to my webdav service (Koofr), in fact I switched over from my previous webdav service (Koofr) to pcloud webdav and the issue occurred again when deleting one login from my vault.

I can share a demo account if need be. But this is across two webdav services (Koofr, Pcloud), I will test on a third.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 10.41.12 AM.png

Edited by chickenlover

• 9 months later...

It seems that I have the same problem as described above. The software keeps chrasing, sometimes over more then 5 times a minute. Is there a fix for this?

Recently I've bought below mentioned membership to Enpass to make use of the 'full' funtcionality of Enpass. Unfortunately it seems that the software is a little bit 'buggy'. I'm using the software on my MacOS (Montery, 12.01), and the Enpass program keeps chrashing, hanging and is really, really slow sometimes.

I'm using Enpass with 3 vaults, since I need to store my passwords for mutliple goals. Since the only decent way to share passwords is by implementing multiple Vaults, this is mandatory to me. But with having crashing or having freezing the software this often, it's not doable at all to make use of the software in a regular way.

That having said, I'm the only one who's suffering by this issue now. If I need to explain this to my wife and children that will be complete horror...

Edited by Mark Bevelander
giving more context

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2022 at 12:46 PM, Mark Bevelander said:

It seems that I have the same problem as described above. The software keeps chrasing, sometimes over more then 5 times a minute. Is there a fix for this?

Recently I've bought below mentioned membership to Enpass to make use of the 'full' funtcionality of Enpass. Unfortunately it seems that the software is a little bit 'buggy'. I'm using the software on my MacOS (Montery, 12.01), and the Enpass program keeps chrashing, hanging and is really, really slow sometimes.

I'm using Enpass with 3 vaults, since I need to store my passwords for mutliple goals. Since the only decent way to share passwords is by implementing multiple Vaults, this is mandatory to me. But with having crashing or having freezing the software this often, it's not doable at all to make use of the software in a regular way.

That having said, I'm the only one who's suffering by this issue now. If I need to explain this to my wife and children that will be complete horror...

W'll this whas about two weeks ago. I did got a reaction by DM that my ticket would be claimed and follow-up to. After that: silence....

I have now reached the point where the Enpass desktop client also crashes continuously on Windows. It can no longer be started, even after a reinstall. And as if it couldn't get worse: the database file appears not to be synchronized to my Nextcloud environment (because of this error) and I can't open the file with the MacOS / iOS version(s). Result: all my wife's passwords completely inaccessible.

That, in combination with complete silence from Enpass, means: really, really big problems. This IS the situation I was trying to avoid to and nevertheless ended up to in less than two weeks.

@Enpass Support: You'd need deploy a stable version of your software before you put users up to these kind of tests. And since all mentioned above: A Emergency function is mandatory to keep the guarantuee that Passwords will be accesible any time.

I'd honestly cannot recommend this service to other users at this moment, in this stage. I have over more than 300 passwords in my own safe. I cannot imagine what would happen if I get locked out my own safe....

On 1/7/2022 at 12:57 PM, Fotan said:

Best fix I found was to change to Bitwarden.  It never crashes and at $10/yr, it's a good deal.

That would be the next step. Unfortunately I need a 'offline' password manager because of policy's and limitation from my work. So Bitwarden is only allowed combined with storing passwords offline or in a private/dedicated Bitwarden environment.... :-(

Edited by Mark Bevelander