Enpass Discussion Forum

Autofill issue with Bank of America Mobile Android App

paulsiu

I am having problems using enpass with Bank of America mobiile Android App. Here's what I am doing.

1. Open Bank of America App. It prompts me for password.

2. I select Autofill, which fills the user name and not the password.

3. I can go to enpass and copy the password and then paste it into the passcode field. This does work but enpass doesn't offer to save the password or anything.

Note that enpass works fine with the bank of america website on windows.

I am wondering if there is an issue with the field name. Perhaps field name on the app is not the same as the website.

Phone: Pixel 3axl

Android Version: Android 11 Buuild number RQ1A.210205.004

Enpass version: 6.6.3.467

Hi @paulsiu,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

As we can check in the Bank of America App, the "passcode field" doesn't allow to autofill via the Enpass framework service. That is why Enpass cannot autofill the password value. However, you can try autofill using the Enpass keyboard or using " Autofill using Accessibility" services.

I tried turning on accessibility. The problem is that it still does not work. The only way to get it to work is to turn off autofill framework and just use accessibility. Is there a way to control which autofill is use per app or website?

Hi @paulsiu,

Thanks for writing back.

If an app hints that it supports the Android inbuilt autofill framework, Enpass gives first preference to it if both the services(inbuilt autofill framework and Autofill using Accessibility) are enabled. In your case, the Bank of America App hints that it supports inbuilt Autofill service, but it doesn't allow Enpass to handle the password field.

Thanks for the info. What you are saying is that if Enpass can see that the app supports autofill, it will use autofill over the other method. Is there a workaround that can be coded. For example, I notice that the Bitwarden app can autofill the bank of america password field if the accessibility is turned on (but won't work if it's turned off), so the are working around it somehow. Perhaps they if the field allows autofill and switch to accessibility when it is not?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...