Enpass Discussion Forum

Can't delete vault

Vicki

I am trying to delete the vault on my laptop so I can restore a backup from my primary computer. The previous method I used no longer works with the version installed on my PC apparently. If I go to Tools > Advanced > Rest Enpass > Erase Everything, I get prompted to enter the master vault password. I then get a warning that says this will erase all your enpass data, vaults, etc, etc., Continue? I click Okay and then get Please wait.

I have waited for up to 7 minutes. The only thing that seems to happen is the screen locks and I need to enter my password to be presented with the same Please Wait message. Considering my vault only contains 75 items, I feel this is a bit excessive. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a bug in the program? Is my only recourse to uninstall the app and reinstall it?

I appreciate any support and assistance and apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

I am using Enpass Pro on a Windows 10 PC with the Chrome extension.

Edited by Vicki
additional details.

Hey @Vicki

Thanks for writing in.

To restore a backup on the laptop from a different computer, follow the steps-

1. On the computer, set-up sync of the same vault which you wish to restore on the laptop.
  2. Take the backup of Enpass data on the laptop and save it locally.
  3. Now reinstall the Enpass app on the laptop and open Enpass as an existing user.
  4. Now you will get the option to restore the Enpass database using the cloud or the backup file.

Let us know if you have any queries while doing so.

Thanks!