Enpass Discussion Forum

The extension stopped working on Brave Beta

Hi,
I use the chrome extension on Brave Beta, but since the last few days, the extension stopped working on both of my computers.

If I click on the Enpass extension button, it'll open a new tab searching for Enpass, even if it's already up and running. It'll eventually time out, and fail.

Since this started on both my computers on the same time, I'd suspect it's caused by a Brave update, or an Enpass/extension update.

Both computers run Windows 10, and use the Microsoft Store version of Enpass, version 6.60.

OURuoSu.png

SLQA1lF.png

Hey @dan45, @Juan V., @Javier, @Benny800, @acyclovir & @BSoD38

We regret the inconvenience.

Brave browser has recently updated to latest version (v1.21.74) in which the issue is fixed. Kindly check the issue on the latest version of Brave and share your feedback.

@PedroJorge & @Nathanael Thanks for notifying that the issue has been resolved with the latest update.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just a heads up Brave version 1.25.68 came up with the same error. I went through all the steps for example making sure the browser was verified from within the desktop application. I ended up just uninstalling and reinstalling Brave which worked for now. Since I use sync and have a sync code it is not such a big deal but it does get irritating when I need to do something. I was almost to the point of going to another password manager but for now I will try to be patient and just work around the issue. Also getting pretty tired of being penalized for using a VPN. 

Hey @JCSwallow

Thanks for writing in.

Our team tested this issue with brave v1.25.70 but couldn't reproduce this issue. Could you please check the issue with the Brave v1.25.70. If this doesn't help, share the below details so that we can check this again-

1. Which device and OS version you using?
  2. Which Enpass version using on the same device?
  3. Did you face the same problem with any other browsers too?

• 5 weeks later...

same problem is back again.... annoying.

Using Brave 1.26.74 with Enpass extension for chrome 6.6.2 : getting this message :

Browser

• code : 3
  • origin : chrome-extension://kmcfomidfpdkfieipokbalgegidffkal
  • path : /Apps/internet/Brave Browser.app/Contents/Frameworks/Brave Browser Framework.framework/Versions/91.1.26.74/Helpers/Brave Browser Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/Brave Browser Helper
  • port : 49490
  • server_port : 10391

the usual questions answered :

1. Which device and OS version you using?  : MacBook Pro 15" 2016 with 10.14.6
  2. Which Enpass version using on the same device? 6.6.3.
  3. Did you face the same problem with any other browsers too? no, just Brave
this is recurrent. sometimes it's working nicely with Brave as in 1.25, sometimes not, as now with 1.26

Hi @fmfm,

Thanks for reporting this issue with details. I have forwarded the details to the concerned team for further investigation.

Meanwhile, try adding @@127.0.0.1 as an exception in brave://adblock which worked for other users in Brave's community. https://community.brave.com/t/brave-shield-blocking-enpass-extension/212460