Enpass Discussion Forum

Card share audit record

Anthony

Hi,

I have many shared family logins due to companies/systems not facilitating individual logins for the same account. These vary for IoT platforms (e.g. LIFX, Amazon Alexa) where only one account can manage the hardware to private health insurance and banks.

As I have to share the credentials with my wife on these many systems, I do that by sharing the card from Enpass, emailing to her, so that she can then import the card into her Enpass vault.

Sometimes I lose track of:

1. Have I shared a particular card with her (ever) and when, and
  2. Have I sent her an updated card since I last changed a password

What would be helpful here would be to be some audit trail data that kept track of

1. If a card has been shared and when (date/time)
  2. I'm not sure if this is possible, but the method by which it was shared. E.g. on an Android phone, when you select Share, you are then presented a lit of all the apps/methods registered  as sharable means. Capturing how the card was shared would be handy (e.g. it was shared by WhatsApp or Nine Email) so that you can remind the recipient how it was sent to them (although they should delete after importing into Enpass for security).

Not as high a priority as many other feature requests here, but just wanted to propose it in case it was easy to implement.

Hey @Anthony

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. This would be much easier if you create a secondary vault on your device and share the particular vault with your wife, so that she can access the same vault and the info on her own device. In this case, even if you make any changes in the item details of the shared vault, the same will get synced on her device. However, we have noted your suggestion and shared it with the team for further consideration.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Anthony

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. This would be much easier if you create a secondary vault on your device and share the particular vault with your wife, so that she can access the same vault and the info on her own device. In this case, even if you make any changes in the item details of the shared vault, the same will get synced on her device. However, we have noted your suggestion and shared it with the team for further consideration.

Thanks!

Indeed it would. And that would be easier if you didn't force every vault to be on a different cloud sync provider :) 

Allow multiple vaults to be synced using the same cloud provider please.

Hey @Anthony

Thanks for letting us know that you would like to use syncing multiple vaults using the same cloud account. Please note that we already have a feature request for the same, which is aligned for implementation in the future.

Also, I have notified your suggestion to the team to keep a track of a card which has been shared and when it is shared.

• Thanks 1