Enpass Discussion Forum

How do I lookup and edit the URI for Android App

paulsiu

Hey @paulsiu

Thanks for reaching out to us.

20 hours ago, paulsiu said:

You can associate an Enpass account with a Android App, but where is this information stored?

When you associate an Enpass account with the associated domain, the information gets stored internally in the Enpass database and remains hidden. It is not possible to view the stored information.

20 hours ago, paulsiu said:

how do I add additional website to the same password entry?

You can add more fields in the same item detail page on your Android device. Once added, change the field name and field type as URL by editing the field name. Now paste the required URL in this new field and save it.

Thanks!

Thanks for your help.  Out of curiosity, when you say that it is store in the database but is not accessible from the UI, you mean the local database file on my drive and not some centralize database at enpass?

I think you misunderstood what I mean about adding additional website to password entries. When I associate a site to my password, I can see a list of websites associated to the site. For example, Bank of America may be boa.com and mbna.com. I wanted to know if there is a way to manually edit the URL? On some password manager, you would see a list of URL that you can then modify. What you are saying is that it's impossible to do that at the moment using enpass?

This brings up another point. Suppose I accidentally associate the wrong site to the password. For example, I mistakenly associated mybank.com with yourbank.com. How do I remove the association? I supposed one work around would be to copy out all of the info and delete the and re-enter it.

Paul

Hey @paulsiu

Thanks for writing back.

On 3/12/2021 at 8:56 PM, paulsiu said:

you mean the local database file on my drive and not some centralize database at enpass?

The information gets stored internally in the local database of your device. Being an offline password manager, we don't store any information or user's data on the server.

I wanted to know if there is a way to manually edit the URL? On some password manager, you would see a list of URL that you can then modify. What you are saying is that it's impossible to do that at the moment using enpass?

I would like to mention that the URL saved in item detail page and associated URL both are technically different. You can't edit the associated domain URL but you can view it from the details page by taping on three dots (...) like this

1.png

2.png

Suppose I accidentally associate the wrong site to the password. For example, I mistakenly associated mybank.com with yourbank.com. How do I remove the association?

You can remove the association by clicking on the edit page of the item and then click on more info. Also, I am attaching a snapshot for your reference by creating a demo item in Enpass.

Thanks!

3.png