Enpass Discussion Forum

Can't restore Enpass data to new computer

sking29

Hello and thanks for helping,

I have an Enpass account and sync to OneDrive across several devices.  Love your product!

I have just purchased a new Windows 10 computer and downloaded Enpass from Microsoft Store.  When I open the Enpass app, I am asked to Restore from Cloud, in my case OneDrive.  After entering my OneDrive username, I am redirected to the app via a browser screen that says Authorization Finished.  The app then asks me to "Please provide the password of the data".  I have tried entering my OneDrive password and my Enpass master password and receive the message "Incorrect Password" to both.

Please advise on how to set up Enpass on a new computer when I have an existing account and OneDrive sync.

Thanks.  sking29

Hi @sking29,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for liking Enpass.

On restoration, here Enpass is asking for master password. Please make sure you are using the correct master password and your keyboard layout is same as per other devices.

.Please follow the below workaround and let us know if the problem persists.

• Disconnect the sync on all devices that are synced with OneDrive.
  • Log into the OneDrive account from any browser. Remove the Enpass folder (if there are multiple folders delete them all) on OneDrive account.
  • Set up the sync again on one device and wait till the sync is configured.
  • Now try to restore the data and check if the issue persists.

If this doesn't help, please let us know the following details:

• Are you using Enpass latest version (6.6.0) on all the devices?
  • Are you using Enpass on any other desktop device in which sync is working fine?

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your help.  Deleting the data on OneDrive and resynching was successful.

Pls be aware that I was using the version you reference on all devices (2 Windows 10, 1 Android).  The 2nd Windows installation continued to work, however after deleting the Enpass folders on OneDrive cloud  I was only able to resync from Android.  Thereafter the Windows installations were also both functional including the new one.

• Like 1