Enpass Discussion Forum

Microsoft Store app - relaunch after update and retain system tray setting

Anthony

Hi,

I'm using Enpass 6.6.1 from Microsoft Store on Windows 10.

I have numerous apps from the Microsoft Store, including Enpass, that I have configured to 'launch with Windows start'

One minor annoyance is that when Enpass updates itself from the Microsoft Store, it does not re-launch itself after the update. So I'll be at a website in my browser and click the Enpass extension button and nothing happens. I then see that Enpass is not running, and then have to go and manually launch it.

I have other Store apps that 're-launch' after update. Could you please consider the same with Enpass?

Then, one other related annoyance is that I drag the Enpass icon out of the hidden system tray icons for easier access as I use it so often. after every update, it reverts to being in the hidden system tray icons. again, I have other apps that retain my preference after update. Could you please consider the same with Enpass?

• 8 months later...
On 3/14/2021 at 10:31 AM, Anthony said:

One minor annoyance is that when Enpass updates itself from the Microsoft Store, it does not re-launch itself after the update.

When you update the 4-5 app simultaneously then in this case app doesn't relaunch, but if you update Enpass app alone successfully it gives a notification message about app update and clicking on it gives an option to launch ( correct me if I am wrong).

On 3/14/2021 at 10:31 AM, Anthony said:

Then, one other related annoyance is that I drag the Enpass icon out of the hidden system tray icons for easier access as I use it so often. after every update, it reverts to being in the hidden system tray icons. again,

Can you do let me know the app name which icon doesn't gets hide after update.

Hope to hear from soon!

On 12/9/2021 at 2:55 PM, Samuela said:

When you update the 4-5 app simultaneously then in this case app doesn't relaunch, but if you update Enpass app alone successfully it gives a notification message about app update and clicking on it gives an option to launch ( correct me if I am wrong).

I have never seen that behaviour.

On 12/9/2021 at 2:55 PM, Samuela said:

Can you do let me know the app name which icon doesn't gets hide after update.

I'm not sure you understand the problem I've outlined. The problem is that after every update of Enpass, it always reverts to a hidden icon in the system tray.

I then have to:

1. Go to system tray
  2. Click 'show hidden icons'
  3. Drag Enpass icon out onto the taskbar

It will then persist as a visible icon whenever launched, until the next time there is an app update when it reverts again.

I have other applications that do not display this behaviour. If I choose to make icon visible in system tray, they persist forever. Across updates, reboots, etc. This is why I have raised this issue as I believe it is possible for Enpass to behave 'correctly' and respect the setting across updates.