Enpass Discussion Forum

Ideas and feature request

Mr. Lukas

Hello dear Enpass Team, 

I'd like to request and/or share some ideas with you.

So I'd miss some features, such as:

• (Mobile) Inline autofill on Samsung Mobile devices (with OTP maybe?)
  • (PC and Mobile) Password to change reminder (ex; like on Microsoft, the password must be changed like every 30days)
  • (PC) A stand-alone add-on for every browser (no desktop app required) 
  • (PC) An icon, next to the login field
  • (PC) PC application support
  • (PC and Mobile) Overall security score by percentage
  • (Android) really important to me personally, detect "pin codes" which being used in order to verify the user (like using the pin code in order to change fingerprint etc.) It always asks to safe, but maybe a "never ask" option or an implementation of "pin code detection" would do the work too. 
  • (Website / Account / Forum) Maybe a Two-factor Authentication option would be helpful to secure accounts.
Edited by Mr. Lukas
Added somehting in

Hi @Mr. Lukas,

Thanks for using Enpass and writing to us.

15 hours ago, Mr. Lukas said:

(PC and Mobile) Password to change reminder (ex; like on Microsoft, the password must be changed like every 30days)

We would like to inform you that this feature is already available in Enpass. To set expiry date in password field have a look at our user manual.

(PC) A stand-alone add-on for every browser (no desktop app required) 

Currently, we don't have plans to implement this, but we will update you if we have any further update on this.

• (PC) An icon, next to the login field

I have discussed with the team and got to know that the same is in our roadmap and will be available in the future releases.

• (PC) PC application support
  • (PC and Mobile) Overall security score by percentage
  • (Website / Account / Forum) Maybe a Two-factor Authentication option would be helpful to secure accounts.

I have noted your valuable suggestion and shared it with the team.

• (Mobile) Inline autofill on Samsung Mobile devices (with OTP maybe?)
  • (Android) really important to me personally, detect "pin codes" which being used in order to verify the user (like using the pin code in order to change fingerprint etc.) It always asks to safe, but maybe a "never ask" option or an implementation of "pin code detection" would do the work too. 

It would be a great help if you can explain these a bit more it will help us to clear understanding before further proceeding.

Hello Sharma,

thanks for replying to my post. 
I'll be able to answer the needed questions. Also thanks, for pushing some of my ideas to the Team.

1 hour ago, Pratyush Sharma said:

It would be a great help if you can explain these a bit more it will help us to clear understanding before further proceeding.

1. (Mobile inline autofill) Since android 11, android supports "inline autofill" on the chosen keyboard. Instead of a word succession, it will show a login information, if a Login field got detected. The link to the Developer Android Portal and I will also include an example picture. Quellbild anzeigen
  2. (Pin code as password detection) On Samsung, as an example you got the secure folder, and many settings are secured by a pin code. Android (Samsung) asks for the pin code on specific settings/actions such as Biometrics, Secure folder etc. Enpass asks to safe the pin code, what would be an issue, due to security, the pin code is regularly the same as the lock screen.
    A "don't ask again" field would be helpful, currently you can only click cancel and save.
  3. (PC Application Support) To clarify, I meant like, Skype, Discord, Spotify as an example.

I hope, that this could clarify what I meant. If not, let me know

Edited by Mr. Lukas
spelling correction

13 hours ago, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Mr. Lukas

I really appreciate you for your exploring the app and sharing this valuable suggestion. The suggestion has been noted and forwarded to the development team for further consideration.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks, can you keep me up to date regarding my ideas?