Enpass Discussion Forum

I'm leaving Enpass

After 4 years using Enpass, unfortunately I am looking for a new password manager.

What motivated this decision were the growing problems I had with autofill on Android until I reached the point of not having support for Samsung Internet, which is the app that I decided to use as the default browser on my new smartphone.

The problems started in an update from the end of 2020 (I don't know which), where the autofill in some apps started to not work properly, filling only the user or email fields. Since then, in subsequent updates, other apps have started to experience the same problems. Some sites on Microsoft Edge for Android also started to present the same, where Enpass filled in only the user field. I managed to get around part of the problem by activating the option of filling in the accessibility settings, but the last straw was when I recently changed my smartphone and saw that Enpass did not support the Samsung Internet browser, not even with filling via accessibility. I even thought it was a system problem, but when I tested BitWarden, it worked without problems on the apps and Samsung Internet.

As I said, I have been an Enpass user for 4 years. I bought the app on both Android and Windows before the service adopted the subscription system. Even being a PRO user, I got to subscribe to the premium version launched at the end of 2020. And speaking of the PC version, it is excellent and I never had any problems with Enpass on that platform, but I can't say the same for the Android version lately. I really like the app, and I’ll keep a close eye on future versions to see if they fix the autofill problem and the support Samsung Internet, but unfortunately, at the moment I’ll have to look for another manager.

Edit: my phone when the problem started was a Xiaomi Mi A2 and the new one is a Samsung A71. 

Edited by ijmm

Hi @ijmm,

Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing because of the erratic autofill behavior of Enpass after the recent updates.

We have diagnosed and fixed the issue where the pop-up for autofill using Accessibility is not appearing for some apps, giving the impression that autofill has stopped working. Ideally, it should have appeared at the same place where the Android Autofill dialog is coming. See how the autofill-prompt using accessibility should have looked like.

Our idea for this change in the appearance of autofill using accessibility was to streamline the behavior of autofill-prompt lessening your efforts to navigate to the top of the screen to pull notifications to autofill. Before releasing, we tested this behavior across different apps and it worked well on all of them. But now few users have reported some apps where autofill is not working as it should. Please bear with us for some time and it will be fixed soon.

I recently changed my smartphone and saw that Enpass did not support the Samsung Internet browser, not even with filling via accessibility. I even thought it was a system problem, but when I tested BitWarden, it worked without problems on the apps and Samsung Internet.

I have taken a note of your feedback and forwarded it to the concerned team for further inspection.

Thanks for your feedback.