Enpass Discussion Forum

Yubikey Support

boistordu

Hello,
as I store more and more passwords on Enpass, I'm starting to get scared regarding security.
If my master password is spied out, all my passwords are open.
In the office we use yubikeys. This would alleviate that worry a bit.
Will there be any support in the near future?
If not I would have to switch to competitor unfortunately.

Can you give a date?

7 minutes ago, Servus100 said:

Hello,
as I store more and more passwords on Enpass, I'm starting to get scared regarding security.
If my master password is spied out, all my passwords are open.
In the office we use yubikeys. This would alleviate that worry a bit.
Will there be any support in the near future?
If not I would have to switch to competitor unfortunately.

Can you give a date?

An excerpt from an article about Password Managers

This becomes fatal in combination with cloud synchronization. By synchronizing via a cloud service provider, the user effectively gives control of the password database into foreign hands. In any case, into the hands of the cloud service provider, possibly also into the hands of the state in which it has its headquarters and data centers, and are we really 100% sure that the transport encryption commonly used nowadays has no weaknesses?

Once the database is in the hands of interested third parties, they can start using a stone-age instrument - the brute force attack. Unlike modern smartphones, the database does not delete itself after x failed attempts and many programs do not even temporarily block access. It is therefore only a question of time and the quality of the password.

If synchronization via a cloud service is unavoidable, it is essential to choose a program that supports such two-factor authentication

That makes with worry

Edited by Servus100

• 2 months later...

Hi, I can only agree with the previous speakers. Please integrate the YUBIKEY function as soon as possible. For such an important app it is necessary to have all possible security settings available.

When will it be implemented!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently I am using KeypassXC with yubikey challenge-response in a ten user environment.

Because of lacking KeypassXC multiuser support, I'm looking for alternatives that allows me to use a database stored on my own server, not in the cloud.

Enpass could be one, but I'm unsure if they support yubikey.

Does anybody know ?

Hi @gsachs,

Welcome to the Enpass Community.

16 hours ago, gsachs said:

Enpass could be one, but I'm unsure if they support yubikey.

Please note that we already have a feature request for the same and are aligned for implementation in the future. However, I have duly noted your feedback and it has been forwarded to the concerned team for further consideration we’re not sure of a specific timeline for when this will be implemented. 

16 hours ago, gsachs said:

I'm looking for alternatives that allows me to use a database stored on my own server, not in the cloud

For this Enpass Wi-Fi Sync lets you sync your data between various devices connected to the same network, cloudlessly. If you want to ensure your data never leaves your local network then this is for you. For more information about this refer to this link.

#SI-1203

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator changed the title to Yubikey Support

Hi everybody :D  

May I paint a picture

I have 5 password managers most on life time deals , stickeypassword, passwordBoss , Passswarden, and passcamp plus another that I* statred with .. now I at this point you all laughing . why so many .  well some in the past were quite good but never developed over time ,, in fact most have not developed

Some have roadmaps with intentions to add yubikey , Now I am not on here to complain no no no enpas  is looking good and I can see in the discussion on here is quite recent ,which is good .  As I see it ( I could be wrong.... open to discussion of course)  there are two non business  user password managers 

while a lots of the rest are not doing much on this,,,   

The point is that hackers never stand still things change , this would be incredible improvement of enpas and I sure more customers would join . again this not a complaint  

passcamp roadmap its on its way , err yea ,,,,years later nop roadmap same  suggested suggested 

passwarden e-mailed and e-mail   errr yea    was about it 

In fact II give some these password mangers away ... with no passwords in them of course :D

• Like 1

100% agree its has to make good sense to include this option , I did post some were else about this ,

Plus they should integrate a virtual keyboard to stop possible keyboard logging , the password manger I am using at present has a virtual keyboard to enter the master password , as you all know , a service is only as good as the worst component in it , all yours eggs in one basket with a master password as the door , this must have better Security,

Like AnthonyB, inh, I will stay with present password manager untill hopefully this gets implemented 

It will make a lot of difference to peoples decisions if this gets implemented 

Enpass user since the Blackberry age.
Yubikey adept.  
I'm enrolling to Bitwarden now because of the Yubikey compatibility. 
We can't wait forever, I see this feature has been asked since +4yr.
I do not understand what you are waiting for.  I see things developed beyond the easy and practical side in Enpass "fancy stuff", and I see "must haves" not being developed. 
I don't think priorities are straight within the team. 
So thank you for the many years.  It has been a pleasure most of the time.   I'm hope seeing you back someday.  

Edited by Jrgn
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderator changed the title to Does Does Enpass include yubikey support for the desktop version?

@AnthonyBMaybe you are looking it the other way. Enpass may not have yubikey support which i think it must have but moving to lastpass is not a good move. i have been using password managers since last 14 years and i have used all major of them but before enpass i ended up using roboform. Then i found enpass and it was one time payment and all data is holded in my personal cloud. now if we come into dept of cloud lastpass has faced damage in past and from that time people have stopped trusting it. They are maybe promoting better then enpass by giving free subscriptions to YouTubers but they are not what you think. I even right now have lastpass subscription valid until 2023 but trust me that will be your worst decision. everyone has own opinion but i must say when it comes to security lastpass is not the end. If you just want to move because you need yubikey support then i must say you should go for bitwarden rather then paying lastpass for their shady past.

I have bitwarden also and it works perfectly with yubikey. It's way much cheaper, better and stronger then lastpass. I am way too much conscious about my security and i use every possible encryption where ever i can even with enpass. My enpass database is encrypted with cryptomator even database itself is already encrypted but to keep my brain satisfied i used cryptomator. Then instead of using dropbox, box, google or any thing like those who can view my data even it is encrypted twice i use icedrive.net webdav as they also have encrypted storage.

As it is about security yubikey is not the end for enpass. You can enable keyfile in your database to activate 2FA in enpass database and secure that with yubikey,pgp or cryptomator.

When does your data gets leaked, or hacked?

When you become lazy and you think a single security layer can save you from leaking your passwords. i am myself big fan of yubikey but instead of yubikey features in enpass there are many other options but if you are looking for easy solution to add security layer then easy solutions comes with great risks. i have lost 13 gmail account just because i mistakenly reset my yubikey.

So in the end the thing is before choosing your options do some research instead of following others footsteps and be creative with your security of your data and Yes yubikey is a must have feature when it comes to security but until we do not have that in enpass we just need to be creative.

Edited by Fadi

21 minutes ago, Dirk Cleiren said:

still no news?

Since 6.8 Beta with it's feature is presented without Yubikey-support, i'd guess that we have to wait to the end of this year (if anything).

Ofc, I'ts a _complete_ guess due to the lack of progress, timelines nor insight.

• Moderator changed the title to Yubikey Support
  • 3 weeks later...

find it quite pointless to post another "bump" here, but anyway.

I'm actually looking for a Password Manager for my company, even though I've been using Enpass back and forth for several years, it's been ruled out due to various reasons, one of them due to lack of cenralized management.

With Enpass Business, this seem to be addressed.

But even so, the Password Manager I'm looking for has to have proper support for a secure element such as Yubikey to be relevant.

You really need to provide more serious ways to secure the vault joining the Enterprise-segment. ( and not only for Business-customers alone ).

Not asking for ETA since that fails short, but only transparency. Are you working on it code-wise or not?

If so, Is it expected to be available for all customers, only Enterprise, only Premium (not Pro) etc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...