Enpass Discussion Forum

Macbook Pro doesn't accept my password

Henrik_M

I have Enpass Pro on my iMac, iPhone and iPad and they all works flawlessly.

Now I want to install Enpass on my Macbook Pro (Big Sur 11.2.3) but it doesn't accept my main password.
I've previously had a working Enpass installed, but at that time the main password was different.
I've now uninstalled the Enpass app on the Macbook (with complete erasure of all files using App Cleaner), downloaded the latest version and re-installed it again. Same thing. I can't open it. Neither can I open an old backup file (it's "grey" in the menu).

I'm stuck. What to do?

Regards, Henrik

Hey @Henrik_M

Welcome to the forum!

If I have understood you correctly, you are getting the 'wrong password' error on you macbook pro, however, you can access all Enpass data on the iOS device using the same master password to unlock the app.

Let's try to troubleshoot this issue by restoring the Enpass data from your iOS device on which the master password is working fine.

1. Take the backup of iOS data on your desktop over the WiFi.
  2. Delete Enpass thoroughly from your macbook pro. Also, delete the Enpass data folder from Documents (which is the default location in case you are using the website version of Enpass). If you have ever changed the location to somewhere else, you need to delete it from there too. Now reinstall the Enpass app on the macOS and then restore the data from the cloud with which the Enpass data is synced on the iOS device.

If your master password is still not recognized please get back to us with the below details so that we can investigate further.

1. Enpass versions on each device.
  2. Cloud services are you using to sync the data.

Thanks!