Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass fails importing 1Password data

Enpass fails when importing 1Password data (.1pif). I tried to import the data several times: import of the whole database (1404 objects), only import of accounts (18 objects) -  but Enpass always shows elements in the import folder with "Ohne Titel"  (Untitled), but no more content.

Software: Windows 7 Pro (German), Enpass Version  5.6.5, 1Password Version 4.6.2.626

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards

Area

enpass.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Serya,

no, not yet. 

I also did a further testing and I think Enpass has a problem with 1pif data exported from an 1Password .opvault container. If you import this in Enpass your import contains no data.

If you export your 1Password data from an .agilekeychain container, then your Enpass import contains data, not all, but 43 of 47 items (demo vault).

So Enpass has to work on the Enpass import from 1Password export of .opvault containers.

Regards

Area

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Lastpass also failed to import into Enpass, because lastpass exported only .html format, not .csv like I could export back in 2017. It was time consuming (days) but it was worth moving them into Enpass one by one, so I could ditch Lastpass. Do this gradually in your spare time, while starting to get used to free Enpass, until you can ditch your proprietary subscription of your other password manager.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Is there any solution fo this problem? I wanted to switch from 1Password to Enpass but it looks that it is not so easy!  

I had 1password version 7.x and Enpass with the newest version. In order to create a 1pif file, I had to downgrade 1password to version 4 .6.2.626. Then I created a 1PIF file but it was not visible for the import in Enpass. I found that I have to downgrade Enpass to lower version (5.6.10)  as well.  Now I can import a file but all entries have "No title" during the third step of import. And any password is not visible in Enpass

Edited by Iwona

2 hours ago, Iwona said:

Is there any solution fo this problem? I wanted to switch from 1Password to Enpass but it looks that it is not so easy!  

I had 1password version 7.x and Enpass with the newest version. In order to create a 1pif file, I had to downgrade 1password to version 4 .6.2.626. Then I created a 1PIF file but it was not visible for the import in Enpass. I found that I have to downgrade Enpass to lower version (5.6.10)  as well.  Now I can import a file but all entries have "No title" during the third step of import. And any password is not visible in Enpass

1password apparently can also export its data as a .CSV file, maybe that would be worth trying instead of the .1pif if you have not already tried that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

For logins Windows

The csv file must respect the following structure (10 data fields):

"Title","Username","Email","Password","Website","TOTP Secret Key","Custom Field 1","*Custom Field 2","Note","Tags"

If some data does not exist, it is necessary nevertheless that the field is present by indicating a double quotation mark.

For example:

"Title","Username","Email","Password","Website","TOTP Secret Key","Custom Field 1","*Custom Field 2","Note","Tags"
"Enpass", "Ekalb","","MyPaswword","https://discussion.enpass.io/index.php?/login/","","","","",""

I've had the same problem trying to work with Enpass importing data from 1Password. I give up. I've used 1P v.4, enpass v.6, enpass v.7, opvault, keychain, etc. and they all fail in one way or another. I've tried .csv and the results are unsatisfactory. I cannot waste anymore time on this. Importing data should be a simple process (no matter how complex it is under the hood). Until enpass gets their importing act together, its unusable as a replacement.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @fha,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please revert to us with the following details on support@enpass.io so we can further investigate:

• On which devices (along with OS) are you importing data into Enpass?
  • Which 1Password version you are using?
  • If possible, share the screenshot of the issue?

Thanks for you co-operation.

On 1/16/2020 at 8:23 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @fha,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please revert to us with the following details on support@enpass.io so we can further investigate:

• On which devices (along with OS) are you importing data into Enpass?
  • Which 1Password version you are using?
  • If possible, share the screenshot of the issue?

Thanks for you co-operation.

Hi Pratyush Sharma,

thanks for your help.

• it fails on Apple MBP Catalina and x64 Windows
  • enpass itself with webdav-Sync works fine on MBP, Win10, 2x iPhone and 1x iPad
  • because with 1Password 7.3.712 there is no export in .1pif-File, i try it with 1Password 4.6.2.626.
  • screenshot is attached, but its the same like @Area from July 2019

enpass.png

Hi @fha

Thanks for sharing the details.

We tried replicating the same at our end. We’ll suggest you follow the below workaround to import 1pif file in Enpass:

• Create a folder (any name you wish) on your Mac(preferably Desktop).
  • Export 1pif file into that folder or copy-paste any existing file into the newly created folder.
  • In Enpass, while importing data, select the particular folder where you save the file (in the previous step) and click on Open button in the bottom right corner. (See attached screenshot).
  • You should be able to import data from 1pif file.

If this doesn’t help or if you find any difficulty, please let us know.

1.png