Enpass Discussion Forum

Android and Face Unlock?

Vido

Hi @Vido,

Thanks for writing in.

Currently, Face unlock is available for Android devices manufactured by Google. We have plan to expand our face unlock feature on other devices too. We are also waiting for some APIs to be refined by Android team in order to support other devices. However, face unlock will be supported only where the device manufacturer reports face authentication as a strong Bio-metric.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I just got SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A 8.4" (2020) and enpass somehow misses that biometrics (face recognition) there, it says "Please enroll any biometrics with the device first."

Also, even when I set up PIN, it requires to enter main password all the time.

Btw, Bitwarden works fine with face recognition on the same tablet ;)

Hi @Asperson,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

8 hours ago, Asperson said:

"Please enroll any biometrics with the device first."

It seems you have not added a fingerprint to your device. Can you please try after adding a fingerprint in device?

8 hours ago, Asperson said:

Also, even when I set up PIN, it requires to enter main password all the time.

As mentioned here, unlock-via-PIN is not as secure as biometrics, so it doesn't work full-time, and Enpass requires Master Password in the following scenarios (if the PIN is enabled):

• When the app is closed manually.
  • Device is rebooted.
  • When too many apps are active in the device background (in this case OS automatically kills some apps to claim memory).

Regarding  face recognition I have noted down your suggestion and forwarded it to the concerned team. Thanks for showing your interest in this feature. Keep suggesting!

Thanks!