Enpass Discussion Forum

Help needed with Onedrive sync problem

Torbjörn

Hi,

I have setup Enpass on multiple devices: Windows 10 machines and several IOS devices. My laptop uses Enpass WIndows 10 (installed from Store) and does not sync correctly. I have tried everything I think including uninstalling/re-installing Enpass. How shall I troubleshoot: What's the steps to get on top of this?

Any help is really much appreciated.

Regards

Torbjörn

Hi @Torbjörn,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please check if you are syncing data on all the devices using the same cloud account? If yes, let us know the following details:

• On which devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Are you using multiple vaults on other devices?
  • Also, login into the OneDrive account from any browser and check how many Enpass folders are there?

Thanks,

I use the same Onedrive cloud account. I can only locate the enpass folder that the IOS devices use but not the folder that the laptop uses . The laptop uses Enpass v 6.6.1 (804) and the iPad an iPhone devices use v 6.6.2 (530). I 

I do not use multiple vaults.

... When I re-enable sync with onedrive the Enpass application chooses the location. Somehow the application seems to remember the Onedrive account and the application never allow me to select the specific Enpass folder/file that the other devices use.

Edited by Torbjörn

Hi @Torbjörn,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I understand that your Windows Laptop is not showing the number of entries. The reasons could be:

1. It is syncing with a OneDrive account different than your iOS devices.
  2. It is syncing to same OneDrive account but to different folder than the iOS devices are.

Don't worry, we can solve this issue by checking both the above reasons one by one. 

1. Make sure if all devices are syncing to same OneDrive account by looking into Enpass sync-setup page. All devices should show same OneDrive account ID. If it is showing different account, please disconnect sync in Enpass and reconnect. Please note that your browser has remembered your OneDrive account, so before connecting sync again, please log out from your OneDrive account on browser.
  2. To look for second reason, you need to login to your Microsoft OneDrive account on browser and check for Enpass folders. 

Please check for both reasons and share your findings.

Thank you!

I have two Onedrive accounts  with exactly the same ID (email address), a personal and a work account. They look the same when looking into the Enpass sync-setup page.

I did not know that Enpas has a dependency  to the account logged in on the browser. That explains why Enpass did not ask for account & credentials when I  removed and then reconnected the syncing.

I found the Laptop's Enpass app folder in the picture folder on the "wrong" account - of all places, That explains why I did not see any Enpass folder initiially.

In summary, I logged out in the browser and was able to setup the sync as I want.

But now I wonder whether I can use Enpass and sync passwords while being/if I log in to the other Onedrive on the browser.

Regards

Torbjörn

Edited by Torbjörn

There's no continuous dependency between any browser and Enpass. 

When you setup sync or perform a restore from cloud, Enpass gets a token from the browser. That's why the currently logged on user matters. When that's finished you can safely logout and login as another office 365 user without affecting Enpass 

Edited by Ivarson

Hey @Torbjörn, As @Ivarson described there is no dependency between Enpass and browser. You can logout of the OneDrive account from the browser after sync setup, and it doesn't matter which account you use after that in the browser. But make sure if you disconnect and reconnect sync at that time, the same account is logged in your browser with which you are syncing data in Enpass. Thanks!