Enpass Discussion Forum

Apple Watch unlock feature missing (yes my macbook has touch ID)

bunnyhero

I am using Enpass 6.6.0 on my MacBook Pro 13". I use Touch ID to unlock Enpass without any problems. I understand that Enpass 6.6.0 should allow me to unlock with my Apple Watch (as mentioned in https://www.enpass.io/blog/general/enpass-for-desktops-brings-breach-monitoring-unlocking-with-apple-watch-and-more/ ).

I already use my Apple Watch to unlock my MacBook. However, Enpass 6.6.0 never prompts me to use my watch to unlock. Is there something else I need to do?

I wrote to support back in February. I wrote again a week or so later. Also contacted on Twitter. Absolute silence from support, which is disappointing.

Anyone have any tips of things to try?

Computer:
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) (MacBookPro16,2)
macOS Big Sur 11.3

Watch:
Apple Watch Series 4 (MU6D2VC/A)
watchOS 7.4.1

Hi @bunnyhero,

Sad to hear that your contact with the support team was not helpful and we are extremely sorry for the unpleasant experience.

Please update your Enpass app to the latest version(6.6.1) of Enpass. If the issue persists, revert to us with the answer to the following queries and we will get it sorted out for you:

• Check if you have enabled “Unlock with Apple Watch” in Enpass security setting?
  • Also, let us know if you configured Apple Watch with your macOS device?

Please follow the below steps if you haven't enable "Unlocked with Apple Watch" or configured apple watch with your macOS device:

1. Select the checkbox “Unlock with Apple Watch” in Enpass security setting.
  2. If you haven’t set up and configured Apple Watch with your macOS device, you can do it using
  • Open Enpass > Security > Touch Id > click on Setup Apple Watch button. This will take you to the System Preferences.
  • Now select the checkbox for Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac (if its unchecked.)
  • Once done navigate back to Enpass, Settings > Security > Touch ID and follow Step 1.

hi! thanks for the reply. i don't know what happened to my email to support. i didn't even get an auto-reply with a support ticket?

i updated to 6.6.1 but i don't have an "unlock with apple watch" in my enpass settings. not sure what to do.

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 1.42.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 1.42.15 PM.png

Hi @bunnyhero,

Thanks for sharing the details.

As I can check from the shared screenshot, you are using the website version of the Enpass app. I would like to inform you that option to Unlock using the apple watch is currently available in the store version. You need to install Enpass store version in order to do that. We are soon releasing support for the website version too, meanwhile you can install store version using the steps below:

• Open Enpass --> Menu --> File --> Backup all vaults --> Save file.
  • Now uninstall the Enpass app.
  • Install Enpass from Store restore the backup file data and check.