Enpass Discussion Forum

Webdav on Synology Nas

Hi, I was using enpass on all my devices by synchronizing it with my Synology Nas. Yesterday I switched from DSM 7 Beta to DSM 7 Release Candidate and the sync is no longer working. I get error 908403.
I tried connecting in webdav via windows 10 explorer and with the same credentials I can access without any problems to folders. I tried to delete Enpass folder on Nas e try to resync. Seems to work but after a few synchronizations gives the error.
I also tried creating a test user/caveau and that too after a few synchronizations gives error.

I made many tries and sometimes I get error: 904035.

I have enabled logging on the NAS and it seems that the vault is being written, but then something happens: https://prnt.sc/141e573

Edited by Sm77

Hey @Sm77

We regret the problem you are facing, but we’re here to help. To proceed with the troubleshooting, please share the following details:

1. Which Enpass version are you using?
  2. Is it possible for you to share a demo account of your WebDAV server via PM, so we can set up the sync at our end and check for issues?

Thanks!

I run in the same WebDAV sync problem an all my Enpass clients (maOS, iOS, iPadOS) after upgrading our WebDAV Server package on the Synology NAS.
I upgraded the WebDAV Server on my Synology NAS with DSM 6.2.4. from WebDAV Server Version 2.4.0 to 2.4.1.
https://www.synology.com/en-global/releaseNote/WebDAVServer

Interesting: All other iOS WebDAV apps running without WebDAV issues ...

Edited by dieTausendsassa
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, dieTausendsassa said:

Interesting: All other iOS WebDAV apps running without WebDAV issues ...

Same here. No issue on other WebDav apps running on Windows. 

I noticed that changing in Security > Advanced > TLS/SSL Profile Level between Modern and Intermediate I get different error numbers. So sync doesn't work also selecting Old backward compatibility.

Here the table given by help:

Compatibility TLS Version
Modern 1.3
Intermediate 1.3/1.2
Old backward compatibility 1.3/1.2/1.1/1.0

Hello

Same here, please find details below

What I cannot do:

- sync to Enpass database with any of my client: it doesn't work either on my android phone or my Windows PC. In all my clients I always get the 908403 error

What I can do:

- log into WebDAV server using other applications: WebDAV navigator lite on My android phone, mapped WebDAV remote location in Windows explorer. From this I understand that WebDAV server on my Syology NAS is working

I recently updated the WebDAV serve on my NAS too, this is the only change I can remember

Thanks in advance for the precious support

• Like 1

Same problem here. After upgrade to dsm 7 my snyc didn't work.

I deleted my my old vault and the folder, configured a new sync from my mac. That worked. Then I reconfigured enpass on my iphone to the new folder, sync doesn't work.

So right now, I can only "sync" one folder to one device. 

• Like 1

Hey @all

We tested this issue on one of the demo account sent by a user and it looks like a case of server misconfiguration. We observed that server throws errors randomly at various steps of sync, most prominently are:

Http 424 Set uid or gid error. - <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">\n<html><head>\n<title>424 Failed Dependency</title>\n</head><body>\n<h1>Failed Dependency</h1>\n<p>Set uid or gid error.</p>\n</body></html>\n
Http 403 [test] cannot overwrite [/volume1/home/Enpass/...]

These errors are completely random with higher occurrence rate while first connection and overwriting a file. We tested these operation by mounting the WebDAV share in Ubuntu File manager and error occurs randomly as per our observation.

We recommend to restart your server if this is due to some partial misconfiguration issue after update. If problem still persists try to perform file overwrite operation in other WebDAV client software like file manager of your OS and share your observations.

Thanks for your co-operation.

23 hours ago, Garima Singh said:

We recommend to restart your server if this is due to some partial misconfiguration issue after update. If problem still persists try to perform file overwrite operation in other WebDAV client software like file manager of your OS and share your observations.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hello

I just tried to overwrite a random document already existing through WebDAV access and I confirm it doesn't work! User scenario:

- create a random file on local computer

- upload it to the server through WebDAV access

- change local file

- upload it to the server overwriting previous one

- open remote file: it doesn't contain the modification

Remarks:

- I rebooted server before making this test

- I made this test through Windows Explorer (WebDAV server is mapped as local resource)

• Like 1

Hi to all,
After this I opened a ticket to Synology.

This is their answer. With their suggestions I solved.

This problem could be caused by a modification in a specific environment. To fix a bug, our developers have adjusted the mechanism during file upload, which will call SYNOACLPermCheck to check permission, but it will have problem if the shared folder is in Linux mode.

According to your description, I think the shared folder is still in Linux mode on your NAS.

Could you go to Control Panel / Shared Folder and check if the folder can be converted to ACL? (See attached image)

If so, could you convert the folder, try again and let me know if you are still getting the error message?

Immagine 2021-06-23 163336.jpg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, kt0516 said:

I have converted to Windows ACL but still have the error message. error 908403.

How did you manage? I have restarted webdav server too.

I have converted the right shared folder to Windows ACL and it worked. 

I have not restarted nor NAS neither WebDav server. 

Hello, here's my experience. I contacted Synology support and in my case it was a matter of non-Windows ACL authorizations. I solved the issue by doing this:

1. Changed to Window ACL the shared folder where I store Enpass database

2. Made sure that the user has full read/write rights in the folder containing Enpass database (it was not the case)

After that, my problem was solved.

• Thanks 1

The issue will be resolved by Synology in a future update.

however:
You can solve it yourself by going to the folder where enpass is on the Nas,
1 to choose for editing
2 go to NFS Permissions
3 if under Action the line Convert to Windows ACL is clearly readable, you have to click it. Then this command will be executed and the problem will be solved.

That has worked for me!
Everyone does so at their own risk! I am not responsable!

I submitted a problem report to Synology through my account and this was given as a solution.

regards,
Dick

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am also having the same issue however I'm having no luck with the above solutions.  My shared folder is already Windows ACL formatted.  

What are you guys using for the address when you set up WebDAV sync?  I know Enpass is really picky on formatting and I'm curious if I need to be changing something in my address.

On 7/30/2021 at 12:44 AM, BCMguy said:

I am also having the same issue however I'm having no luck with the above solutions.  My shared folder is already Windows ACL formatted.  

What are you guys using for the address when you set up WebDAV sync?  I know Enpass is really picky on formatting and I'm curious if I need to be changing something in my address.

Maybe not any help for you , but for me it works with internal address of my Synology :  http://192.168.0.x:5005/enpass/

Externally it still doesn't work : https://xx.synology.me:5006/enpass/    --> here I get error "could not connect to specified WEBDAV folder. Check your username and password"

5 hours ago, emo1509 said:

Maybe not any help for you , but for me it works with internal address of my Synology :  http://192.168.0.x:5005/enpass/

Externally it still doesn't work : https://xx.synology.me:5006/enpass/    --> here I get error "could not connect to specified WEBDAV folder. Check your username and password"

Thank you!  Still doesn't work for me but I use the same format. 

• 4 weeks later...