Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass keeps crashing

el613

Enpass crashes almost every single day when I open the Windows desktop app. This only happens the first time I try. After this, it works for that day.

Does anyone else have this issue? I send crash reports so please can an update be issued

Edited by el613

Hi @el613,

Thanks for reporting this issue and I am sorry for the inconvience.

To check further on this issue I want a little input from your side, so please share the following details.

1. On which device (along with OS version and Enpass version) are you using?
  2. Are you facing this problem when you fresh start the system or wake up from sleep mode or any other scenario?
  3. Which cloud services are you using?

Also, please share the crash report mentioning your name and link to this forum.

Thanks for your co-operation!

1. On which device (along with OS version and Enpass version) are you using? - Windows 10
  2. Are you facing this problem when you fresh start the system or wake up from sleep mode or any other scenario? - Both 
  3. Which cloud services are you using? - Google 

@el613,

Thanks for the details.

I have forwarded the mentioned details to the concerned team but, we require some more input from you for further investigation. Please provide the Enpass version of your device and the description used while sharing the crash reports.

• To check Enpass version: Open Enpass--> Click on Menu--> Select Help--> About.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I, too am having intermittent crashes on windows 10. This last time, when I restarted enpass it came up with crash send report, which I did send, then a blank window, no prompt for unlocking password. Closing didn't work, had to hammer it through task manager. Brought up again with same results. Rebooted, and now it seems to be working.

Version: 6.7.2 (886)

Has been happening to me the past month or two, maybe since last big windows update. 

Just further clarification for my scenario: I purchased through your website (not MS store), and my sync method is wifi. 

Edited by Mr. Cheese
Further info

• 3 weeks later...

I am on 6.7.4 (934), but have been crashing issues on win 10 for the last couple years.  It's getting worse, where I get crashes daily.  I do run multiple profiles of chrome/brave at the same time, and use webdav for sync.  I read in another area that someone switched to using a local folder (that syncs with the cloud a different way) and stopped having issues.  I was hoping not to do it, but may have to.

• 2 months later...

I have the Version 6.7.4 (934) on Windows 11 together with the browser extensions for Chrome and Brave. My Enpass crashes about everytime after a fresh restart and even after the PC was in Standby. That's very annoying. I have no Issues on my iOS Devices.

I had the same issue on Windows 10 before I updated

Edited by Xuyuxu

• 6 months later...

The same problem on my stystem (win10 desktop PC(21H2) and Enpass (6.8.2.1085)). Every single time, I try to start enpass it crashes, when it is trying to syncronisize with google drive.

On my second PC  (win10 - Surface 6 Pro (21H2) and Enpass (6.8.2.1085)  there is no problem. No Problem at start and sync.

Although on every android and ios the sync works without any crash.

repair enpass on the desktop pc didn't bring a solution.

deinstallation and new installation didn't work.

What should I do, to get enpass working again on my desktop PC including sync?

Hi @Landauer,

Welcome to the Enpass community.

I have duly noted your feedback and all the details have been forwarded to our concerned team for further investigation. I will update you on this as soon as I receive any updates from the team regarding the same.

In the meanwhile, your patience and support are highly appreciated.
#SI-2966