Enpass Discussion Forum

usb security key FIDO2 support

Good morning all,

I am French and have been a loyal Enpass user for several years. Today I just received a usb-c fingerprint key and the first thing I did is set it up with Enpass but ... it doesn't work. I read the manual for the key and in fact it is not recognized as a windows hello device but as a usb security device. One of your serious competitor offers operation with this key. Are you thinking of bringing an update in order to offer this option yourself? Thank you in advance for your future reply. Below is a link to setting up the key with a competitor.

Link

Bonjour à tous,

Je suis français et fidèle utilisateur de Enpass depuis plusieurs années. Aujourd'hui je viens de recevoir une clé d'empreinte digital usb-c et la première chose que j'ai faite est de la mettre en place avec Enpass mais... cela ne fonctionne pas. J'ai lu le manuel de la clé et en faite elle n'est pas reconnu en tant que périphérique windows hello mais comme un periphérique de sécurité usb. Un de vos concurrent sérieux propose le fonctionnement avec cette clé. Pensez-vous apporter une mise à jour afin de proposer vous aussi cette option ? Merci par avance pour votre futur réponse. Ci-dessous voici un lien vers la configuration de la clé avec un concurrent.

Link

2021-07-07 09_52_37-Paramètres.png

Edited by AnonyMouss72
  • Thanks 1

• AnonyMouss72 changed the title to usb security key FIDO2 support
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/6/2022 at 11:05 AM, Gulshan Dogra said:

@AnonyMouss72

Thank you very much for your patience and support. All your feedback on this forum has been forwarded to our concerned team and we are continuously reviewing your responses. This feature request is currently being examined by our backend team.

#SI-1632

Will Yubikey be supported too? It's been a while and this is the only thing holding me back from a lifetime subscription @GulshanDogra

Edited by Dasein
Adding @

• 4 months later...

Hi,
What's wrong with fido2? We've been begging you for this feature for 2 years now. Is it that complicated for your developers?

I really like your interface and I'm sure your developers can put this option as your competitors have done

My key work with your competitors :/

image.thumb.png.7355cf5327dd3ab989fc2c976000b345.png

Thank you for your future response.

Edited by AnonyMouss72

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I am also greatly interested in the feature.

When it comes to password management, i.e. security increase by diversification of the passwords at the cost of a master password (and database unlock password), these security keys are a must have as they increase identity confidence of the logger upon master login.

Not allowing your users to be able to use them (for so long) is going to let me think that the purpose of this password manager is not to increase the security of my accounts.

Cheers

Please provide an update on this. I have just purchased a Yubikey and one obvious use is to further secure a password manager but Enpass doesn't support it. I see that this request was placed over two years ago and it concerns me greatly that you don't have the resources to implement such an important feature.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yubikey support seems like the Enpass development team's "Duke Nukem Forever". C'mon folks... you built support for passkeys. Now how about some additional protection for vaults with some good ole' FIDO2? And if your business model won't support it, how about just open-sourcing the product, shuttering the offices, and letting other people do it? It would be done in a week.

Edited by malloc_without_free
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

This Feature  undergo a thorough evaluation process, considering various factors such as feasibility and other considerations, before implementation. This ensures that new features meet quality standards and align with the overall product vision. Your patience and understanding are appreciated as our team works diligently to address and prioritize feature requests.
#SI-1632

But this issue has been open now for over three years. How long does it take for your engineers to realize that lack of support for hardware security keys puts your product at a serious disadvantage in comparison with your biggest competitors?

I understand your frustration, and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. While I cannot speak directly to the development process, implementing FIDO2 support may involve various technical challenges and considerations specific to Enpass. However, your feedback is valuable, and I'll be sure to pass it along to the development team for further consideration. Thank you for your patience and continued support.