Enpass Discussion Forum

Enable setting default position for the Assistant on the screen

jasho

I use Assistant and like it a lot. I prefer to use it in the docked mode for some scenarios where I need to copy multiple data entries into applications other than the web browser so I don't have the luxury of an extension with autofilling.

However, the default position of the Assistant in the middle of the screen quite often conflicts with the applications or forms where I'd like to fill in the data. So in the end I end up with the application in the middle of the screen and the Assistant in the same position, covering the application underneath it and need to move the window of the Assistant manually to the side to be able to use it properly.

It would be beneficial if I could set it up to launch in a different position (i.e. bottom right) just as I can set it to always launch in docked mode. Then I would be able to use it easily and it wouldn't cover the form that I need to fill.

• 2 months later...

Why not just have the assistant window be a movable & resizable window that drops down from the Enpass menu icon, just as 1Password does. It's also odd that the the ⌘⌥-/ opened assistant opens in the center of the screen & the  ⌘-/ opened assistant appears where the cursor is—which is especially disconcerting if the mouse is on another nonactive display (I have 3). If assistant always showed up under the Enpass icon on the active display as it does when you click the menu icon, the action would always be expected & I wouldn't have to hunt for the assistant window. Being that the user can navigate the window with arrow keys alone is awesome ... so having the window appear where the mouse is on the screen doesn't really add any real functionality, and most times (for me) is not convenient. If my hands are on the keyboard & I can do everything from the keyboard I don't need to go to my trackpad, or mouse to interact with the window.

Okay ... that's my input for now. Wanted to add to this & not create a redundant post.

• Like 2

Hey @ButisitArt57,

Thank you for this UI update, I have asked the concerned team for feasibility and to look for a workaround.

On 9/17/2021 at 6:10 PM, ButisitArt57 said:

Why not just have the assistant window be a movable & resizable window that drops down from the Enpass menu icon, just as 1Password does. It's also odd that the the ⌘⌥-/ opened assistant opens in the center of the screen & the  ⌘-/ opened assistant appears where the cursor is

System-Wide Hotkey & Keyboard Shortcut keys are there in Enpass for making tasks like adding items, copying details or adding Web-Form easy and we definitely want to enhance this experience. Your patience is highly appreciated!