Enpass Discussion Forum

Unable to start Enpass on Windows 10 (error 0xc000007b)

golfball

Message added by Vinod Kumar,

Hi Everyone,

We have identified an issue in a recent update that is causing failure in the startup of Enpass (store-version) on many systems. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. There are few things you should know:

1. DO NOT UNINSTALL your copy of Enpass, if your data is not backed up with cloud or manually.
2. Do not worry, Your data is safe. You will be able to access it normally, after the fix update.

A fix update is currently rolling out in Microsoft Store. It should be available within few hours. Thank you for your patience.

I am using Enpass 6.6.0(775) on Windows 10. Enpass has always worked flawlessly for me. For the last few days I cannot get Enpass to start when I double click on the desktop icon, or on the taskbar icon, or even on the executable. Nothing happens. It does work if I choose run it as Administrator so currently I have changed my settings to run it as administrator. What has changed to cause this that I have to choose to run it as Administrator to get Enpass to run? I am not a Windows 10 expert and unexpected behavior like this is very frustrating to me. Thank you.

Having the same problem on Windows 10.  Worked perfectly through July 5, then July 6 refused to open.  All I get is error message:  "EnpassBridge.exe - Application Error.  Application unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).  Click OK to close."  Can't tell you the version I am running because I can't open the app to find out.  Tried moving and saving my info, then uninstalling and a clean install.  Still will not open, same error message.  Running as administrator does not work for me.  Very frustrating and a setback to my work.  HELP?

Since Yesterday, I have the same problem, (win 10) Can not start Enpass anymore. Running as administrator also does not work for me. HELPPPPP!!! What is happen? My whole digital life is in there, I need it! I can not work without my passwords!

enpass.png

Edited by mak
insert OS

One other thing that worked for me was to go to the Windows 10 Settings->Apps->Enpass->Modify->Repair. I got the Repair Successful message and was then able to open Enpass successfully once. At least that allowed me to get into Enpass and print out all my passwords. It is awful to lose access to your passwords.

• golfball changed the title to Can't Access Passwords!!! NEED HELP!!! Enpass WON'T Start!

I changed the title to try and get more attention to the problem. I also messaged some of the support team directly. I am seriously displeased with the lack of Enpass support. This is too bad because they have always been helpful in the past.

Well done. I have also mailed the support. This is horrible, I never thought this could happen. I had no serious problems the last years and now BOOOM, no access to y passwords. I hope Enpass have a good support and get this problem solved ASAP.

Have been using Enpass (installed from the Microsoft Store)  on a Surface Pro X (ARM64 architechture) for a long time without any problems. After the last update to version 6.63.834.0 provided through the Microsoft Store the app will not start anymore. The message says "This app cannot be run on this PC" and might hint to some x64 software component, which currently cannot be emulated in Win on ARM (other than x86, which run perfectly fine)  

image.thumb.png.7a7c0612713b9826b6e597e47789cfce.png

Bugfix urgently needed! :-(

Edited by BooBajou

Update 15 July 2021.  I received a prompt email from the authors and a new version popped up in the Store today.  Version 6.63.836.0 fixed the problem.  Very prompt and successful update.  Thank you.

Me too.  The latest update has broken Enpass on my Surface Pro X, after many years of happy use.  Fortunately I have other devices to run Enpass on, but not happy since the Pro X is my daily use computer.

Update. I was able to delete the Windows update version of Enpass from my Surface Pro X then install the Win32 version from the Enpass website and that works.  So the problem seems to be with the X64 version on the Windows Store.

Edited by RayR
Update
  • Like 1

Update 15 July 2021.  I received a prompt email from the authors and a new version popped up in the Store today.  Version 6.63.836.0 fixed the problem.  Very prompt and successful update.  Thank you.

The latest update from the Windows Store has broken Enpass on my Surface Pro X, after many years of happy use.  Fortunately, I have other devices to run Enpass on, but not happy since the Pro X is my daily use computer.

Update. I was able to delete the Windows Store version of Enpass from my Surface Pro X then install the Win32 version directly from the Enpass website and that works.  So the problem seems to be with the X64 version on the Windows Store.

Edited just now by RayR
Update

Edited by RayR

Hi,

I have new laptop, clearly installed, fully updated. I installed Enpass from MS Store. But when I trie run it just stuck with error from EnpassBridge.exe - unable correctly start application (0xc000007b). Reinstall of Enpass do not help, .net framework are most current according to MS. Run as admin do not help.

Thanks for help

• Vinod Kumar changed the title to Unable to start Enpass on Windows 10 (error 0xc000007b)