Enpass Discussion Forum

Unable to start Enpass on Windows 10 (error 0xc000007b)

golfball
Message added by Vinod Kumar,

Hi Everyone,

We have identified an issue in a recent update that is causing failure in the startup of Enpass (store-version) on many systems. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. There are few things you should know:

1. DO NOT UNINSTALL your copy of Enpass, if your data is not backed up with cloud or manually.
2. Do not worry, Your data is safe. You will be able to access it normally, after the fix update.

A fix update is currently rolling out in Microsoft Store. It should be available within few hours. Thank you for your patience.

I went to the Microsoft Store and downloaded and installed from there (as suggested). I now have version 6.6.0 (775) and not the recommended fix version 6.6.3 (836). What is going on? Why does this have to be so hard? I realize that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I am not the dullest either. How do I get the updated fixed version? Why not just post a link here to the fixed version? I could use some more detailed instructions and just some cryptic message about going to the Microsoft store and downloading the latest version. It didn't happen.

Hello @golfball!

Thank you for writing in. 

17 hours ago, golfball said:

I now have version 6.6.0 (775) and not the recommended fix version 6.6.3 (836).

The new update was launched only for the Enpass windows store version only. As I can see you have two copies of Enpass installed in your system. One is  Windows store version and another one is of the non-store version i.e. downloaded from our website.  I would suggest keep the one that suits you best.