Enpass Discussion Forum

New Computer - Install Enpass - "Incorrect Password" when attempting to restore from Dropbox

loveworksdotcom

I have installed enpass on a new machine (downloaded latest Win10 - 64bit version from your website).  I have activated my account "Your device was registered".   I decided to register again since it won't let me go further.  "You are now a registered user of Enpass.  Use the same email ...."  Click Done

Restore from Cloud -> Dropbox.  Sign in to Dropbox.  "Enpass would like to access its own folder".  Please continue with your Enpass app.  REDIRECT button.  Please provide the password of data.  RESTORE.    "INCORRECT PASSWORD"

I went to my phone and MANUALLY entered the password to access Enpass and it is accepted - confirming that I am using the CORRECT, valid password.  But it will not get accepted on this new machine into the Enpass app.

I uninstalled Enpass.  Re-installed.  Same error.

SUMMARY:  Enpass works on my main desktop and my phone.  Password I am entering has been tested and Enpass gives access on the other devices -- but NOT the latest installation.

What to do now???

Thank you

DEJAVU:  

Edited by loveworksdotcom

1Uninstalled.

Back to your website.  Win 10 shows v6.6.1.  Win32 shows 6.6.2.    Download and install Win32 version 6.6.2.

Do not activate software with Microsoft.  Instead try to sync.  Dropbox login screen opens in Edge.  Copy and paste into Chrome.  Approve Dropbox access and return to Enpass.

Enter master password -- ACCEPTED.  

Registered with Microsoft.  Successful.  Enpass Pro active.

1.  It shouldn't be this difficult to install on a new computer.

2.  Why is the 32bit version on a higher version number than the main Win10 version?

Hello @loveworksdotcom!

Welcome to the Enpass Forum.

I am glad that your DropBox issue has been resolved. I appreciate your commitment to resolve this issue.

On 7/25/2021 at 1:16 AM, loveworksdotcom said:

1.  It shouldn't be this difficult to install on a new computer.

The installation process is so smooth. However, as I can see your efforts and faced many difficulties to install the Enpass. I will definitely share this to the concerned team to look into it.

On 7/25/2021 at 1:16 AM, loveworksdotcom said:

2.  Why is the 32bit version on a higher version number than the main Win10 version?

Their version numbers are different just because of their distribution channel. Sometimes, there is an updated that only applicable to one version. Otherwise, there is no difference between two versions.