Enpass Discussion Forum

Fingertip login disabled

Ana

Hi @Ana,

Welcome to the Enpass community.

I regret to inform you that there is no way to recover a lost master password as the master password is not saved anywhere. All your data is totally under your control and we have no access to it. This is to ensure the best and optimum security for your confidential data. For more information refer to this FAQ.

Are you able to access Enpass on any other device using biometrics?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Ana,

I would have loved to help you with this but due security design of Enpass to safeguard your data you can not enable Fingerprint login without entering your Master Password on your old database in the new iPhone.

I can help you to recover your database if you can access Enpass on any other device using biometrics.

@Ana,

Thanks for writing back.

If you are able to access Enpass through biometrics I recommend you to follow these steps so that you can recover your database.

1. Open Enpass on your device through Biometrics.
  2. Go to Settings-->Create a new vault of Enpass on your device with a new password.
  3. Copy all the items individually from the other vaults and move them into the newly created vault.
  4. Sync this new vault with a new cloud account.
  5. Now reinstall Enpass on your iPhone and restore the data using the same cloud used in step 4.

Once all your data restore on the iPhone, repeat step-5 on your all devices..

Hey @Ana,

18 hours ago, Ana said:

When you ask if I can access Enpass through another device do you mean if I logged into my account through another device (in the past)?

This means are you able to login Enpass on any device using biometrics: Face id/Touch id/Fingertips in the present state.

So if you can log in to Enpass on your old iPhone through Biometrics right now then follow these steps to recover your database.

1. Open Enpass on your old iPhone through Biometrics.
  2. Go to Settings-->Create a new vault of Enpass on your old iPhone with a new password.
  3. Copy all the items individually from the other vaults and move them into the newly created vault.
  4. Sync this new vault with a new cloud account.
  5. Now reinstall Enpass on your new iPhone--> "Welcome Screen" will appear-->Select Restore from cloud--> Restore the data using the same cloud used in step 4.

All your database from your old iPhone should be available on your new iPhone.

Thanks.

Hey@Ana,

5 hours ago, Ana said:

I can download a backup from iCloud but I will not be able to login using biometrics, am I right?

Yes, you are right, you will need Master Password to recover your database in this case. The steps were only for the case  where could see all items old iPhone using biometrics. I would have loved to help you here but Enpass always informs users to never forget the Master Password.