Enpass Discussion Forum

The autofill does not work the first time after a unlock

I am new to Enpass and I like it very much. I think maybe I had misunderstood the correct way to trigger autofill. I had been double clicking the entry I want to fill and most of the time that does not work and the pop-up closes. I see now that it is probably designed for the operator to click once to select, then hit return to fill. That works without fail.

I was wondering if you would consider implementing a double-click to select and trigger an auto fill? Seems to me it would be a tiny bit more convenient. Otherwise, thanks for a really nice app.

Hi @Welshdog

Welcome to the Enpass community!

The autofill works when you double click the Icon on the Enpass extension. When on the webpage, to the right side of the address bar, click on the Enpass extension. It will show you all the relevant items for that webpage. Double click on the item you wish to use .

https://discussion.enpass.io/uploads/monthly_2021_08/image.png.a5be3a3e3cf25352b099d13e28ffb3cf.png

If there are any websites on which the autofilling is not working for you, please let me know.

Since the latest update for Enpass Autofilling on Mac OS Latest Big Sur version with Safari is not working anymore.

If I click on the password nothings happens. If I click again on autofilling it works. But always only at the second try 

Any solutions or fixes for that !?!? Never happened before the last update 

What version of Enpass are you using? I do not have to double click the entry two times in order to get it to fill in. For me, on the latest Big Sur and on Catalina in Safari it works the first time I double click. I'm using the 6.7.1 version from the Mac App Store at the moment on these machines.

Edited by Discordant

It still does not always autofill upon double click on the first try. This happens with all websites not any specific ones. I see it on both Safari and Firefox. After I have managed to get a successful autofill, subsequent attempts work immediately. After a period of time, it goes back to not autofilling on the first try. I also have noticed the extension is slow to search the vault and find the login for the website. Again, this is very slow if time has passed where I have not used Enpass. If Enpass has been recently used the extension finds logins quickly and autofills with a double click. It's like some part of the Enpass system is going to sleep and has to be wakened up to be at full function. I booted in Safe Mode and the behavior is the same.

I am using Enpass 6.7.1 (878) on a 2017 Macbook Pro running Mac OS 11.5

Hi @Welshdog @Maclife

Thank you for the details. I have forwarded these concern's to our dedicated team and they are looking into it. In order to get it resolved at the earliest, we require some additional information -

1.     How many items do you have in Enpass ?
  2.     After how much time of not using Enpass does the Extension becomes slow again ?

Also @Maclife are you facing this issue on every browser or just Safari and also on any specific website(s)?

Since one the last updates of EDGE (Actual Version 92.0.902.78 (64-Bit)) the autofill with browser extension (Version 6.6.2) has an issue:

• Open website
  • Click on Enpass browser extension icon
  • Entering the PIN for Enpass
  • Double click on the entry for the website
  • The data are NOT filled in
  • After clicking a second time on the Enpass browser icon (now without asking for PIN)
  • Double click on the entry, now works as expected.
Thanks a lot for checking.

Kind regards
Norbert

[EDIT 08/26/2021 3:11pm] Why did you move this to the MAC path? I am using Windows 10!
Edited by norlue
My post was moved

• Moderator featured and unfeatured this topic
3 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @Welshdog @Maclife

Thank you for the details. I have forwarded these concern's to our dedicated team and they are looking into it. In order to get it resolved at the earliest, we require some additional information -

1.     How many items do you have in Enpass ?
  2.     After how much time of not using Enpass does the Extension becomes slow again ?

Also @Maclife are you facing this issue on every browser or just Safari and also on any specific website(s)?

897 items. I let the computer sit for 10 minutes. Logged in with TouchID. Went to Safari and to a webstie. Placed cursor in Login Name field. Clicked Enpass extension and unlocked with TouchID. Waited a couple seconds and it displayed the correct entry. Double clicked the entry but no autofill was made. Extension pop-up closed itself. Clicked extension again, entry was still there. Double clicked and autofill executed correctly. 

Thank you for looking into this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I'm not muddying the waters but this has been driving me crazy also. I am using Firefox on Windows 10.   Enpass Beta 6.7.0(865). Firefox 91.0.2(x64)

Most times if I click on the Enpass icon, whether it autoshows any relevant entries or whether I search, when I dblclick the relevant entry the popup closes but nothing else happens. I then repeat the process and it works fine autofilling the page. It also fails if instead of dblclicking, I use the keyboard, pressing arrow keys down to relevant entry and press Enter. It has not always been like this. It has been maybe a couple of months. I do not know whether the problem started with a change in Enpass,Firefox or Windows as it was some time before I decided there really was a problem.

• Like 1

For some time, whether under Mac (Firefox) or Linux (Firefox) my enpass does not autofill the first time after the initial unlock (PIN or Master Password Unlock)

I have to reopen enpass a second time for it to work.

Then everything works very well until the next "lock"

Is it a known bug ?

Hello,

I have the same problem. There are a couple of webpages that don't be autofilled by the newest safari-plugin. It doesn't matter if I open the Engpass dialog by the shortcut or from the symbolbar. The 1st time I try to use autofill it just do nothing and just close the dialog.

Sorry, but Enpass is not really useful in this state.

Hope to get an update quite fast.

Thanks in advance.