Enpass Discussion Forum

WiFi-syncing from iMac to MacBook - how? [solved]

Roobert

Hello all,

my main vault is on my iMac (sync server) and my handheld devices sync well with this vault. But how can I tell Enpass on my MacBook Pro not to „open” it's own syncserver, but to connect to the iMac's sync server and sync with it? Both on Mojave.

Thank you for advice, resp. for clarification.

Robert

Edited by Roobert

Hi @Roobert

Since a sync server is already running on your iMAC, you do not need to run Wifi sync server on your MacBook Pro. You can connect your MacBook Pro to iMAC sync server just like your handheld devices. Please follow the below instructions to set it up -

1. Open Enpass on your iMAC which is running the server. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi Sync > Select the vault you want to sync > Manual Setup
  2. Now open Enpass on your MacBook Pro . Go to Settings > Vaults > Select the vault you want to sync.
  3. Click on Set up Sync > Wi-Fi Sync.
  4. Select the same Wi-Fi server displayed on the iMAC device running the Wi-Fi server.
  5. Verify the connection with the code and click Yes, go ahead.
  6. Select the vault you want to sync.
  7. Enter the “Access Password” displayed on the “Manual Setup” page on Wi-Fi Sync Server

This should sync your MacBook Pro as a client. Let me know if you face any issues with these steps.

• Thanks 1

• Roobert changed the title to WiFi-syncing from iMac to MacBook - how? [solved]