Enpass Discussion Forum

autofill does not **auto** fill

Hello I am looking for 1Password replacement(after going subscription) the closest thing I found is Enpass especially with the shortcuts. I tried the autofill but it does not autofill. It brings up a mini window then you have to choose that 1 login username by doing  ↓ then click enter then repeat for the password if on the next page.

Using 1password if I click cmd+\ it fills all the fields automatically, it even fills the password if the password field loads on the next page like on Amazon website. Am I doing something wrong or is EnPass incapable of this?

Hi @flyingbirds,

Welcome to the Enpass community.

We do have this feature where you can autofill the logins using keyboard shortcuts, your default keyboard shortcut for auto-filling is CTRL+/. You can create the shortcuts from your browser extension settings. Also would suggest you to enable Match URL hostname from the browser settings of Enpass.

18 hours ago, Gulshan Dogra said:

Hi @flyingbirds,

Welcome to the Enpass community.

We do have this feature where you can autofill the logins using keyboard shortcuts, your default keyboard shortcut for auto-filling is CTRL+/. You can create the shortcuts from your browser extension settings. Also would suggest you to enable Match URL hostname from the browser settings of Enpass.

I tried using EnPass but the extension in browser is not working, only works in EnPass app is open. 1Password has something called 1Password mini that is always open.

23 hours ago, Gulshan Dogra said:

@flyingbirds,

We have implemented two options in Preferences -> General:

• Hide dock icon when main window is closed.
  • Open automatically at login.

By enabling these two, Enpass can be quickly accessed from menu bar icon and browser extensions. 

is this similar to 1Password Mini?

Does Enpass have to always be on to work with the browser extensions?

Is EnPass electron app and will I have performance hit on my computer with having it on all the time?

Hi @flyingbirds,

8 hours ago, flyingbirds said:

is this similar to 1Password Mini?

Yes. Enpass Assistant lets you do the autofill using browser extension and basic functions like searching and viewing items, edit existing items, copying information, generating passwords,etc. Refer to this link for more information.

Does Enpass have to always be on to work with the browser extensions?

Yes, Enpass must be running in the background because the extension fetches data from the App. Enpass is an offline password manager and it does not store any of our user's information on its server hence extension can not fetch any auto-fill data without the installed application.

NOTE: You can set the Enpass app to auto-run on system startup and keep it always running in the system tray or menu bar.

Is EnPass electron app and will I have performance hit on my computer with having it on all the time?

No, It is not an Electron app. Enpass uses a cross-platform QT/C++ framework that compiles everything to native code. Enpass is designed to run in the background for a long time and there will be no performance hit.

• Like 1