Enpass Discussion Forum

License Activation, One-time purchase, multiple devices clarifications

ik8sqi

I'd like to purchase the one-time $79.99 license, but would like some clarifications on the activation processes. The concern is not being able to use the app (or install it on new devices) should the enpass company go offline or terminate operations.

On the iOS app, I see there is an in-app purchase for a $79.99 one-time lifetime usage, on multiple devices.
Question #1 - for iOS devices, is the activation here handled exclusively by Apple, or does the enpass app still need to contact enpass activation servers?

On the MacOS app store, the enpass app is free and seems to be fully functional.
Question #2 - is the MacOS app store app fully functional on MacOS?

Question #3 - My enpass usage would be exclusively for the the MacOS and iOS platforms. Would I be able to purchase the $79.99 lifetime usage on the iOS via the in-app purchase there, download the MacOS app from the Mac Store and be able to have lifetime use of them without needing to rely on the enpass activation servers?

Thanks,

Roberto

Hi @ik8sqi

Thanks for reaching out to us.

As Enpass is an offline password manager, the user's data is saved locally on the device, not on our server.

On 9/26/2021 at 8:32 AM, ik8sqi said:

Question #1 - for iOS devices, is the activation here handled exclusively by Apple, or does the enpass app still need to contact enpass activation servers?

If the user doesn't register, then the App Store receipt will manage the license, and when purchased, the app's full-version will get automatically unlocked on the device. The server license activation comes into action only when a user registers the purchase with Enpass. Also, registration is recommended as it allows you to enjoy cross platform purchase restoration.

Question #2 - is the MacOS app store app fully functional on MacOS?

Enpass is completely free on the Desktop without any kind of restrictions to the application.

Question #3 - My enpass usage would be exclusively for the the MacOS and iOS platforms. Would I be able to purchase the $79.99 lifetime usage on the iOS via the in-app purchase there, download the MacOS app from the Mac Store and be able to have lifetime use of them without needing to rely on the enpass activation servers?

It will be a single purchase, when you avail Enpass on iOS, you can use the same Premium license with all the benefits on your MacOS too. But Enpass will require registration as without it, this purchase will be limited to only one device, restricting cross-platform usage. 

Sorry, but this still does not answer my question. Let me rephrase.

1. Today I buy the one-time lifetime $79.99 license using the in-app purchase on iOS, and I register with may email address it on my iPhone and Macbook. That's the easy part.
2. Tomorrow your company goes out-of-business and so your activation server goes offline.
3. Next week I buy a *new* iPhone and a *new* Mac. I download the iPhone app from Apple store, and install the app on the Macbook by copying it from a backup.

So the question is... since your activation server is no longer available, will I have the same fully functional apps on the *new* iPhone and the *new* Macbook as I do today?

Thanks,

Roberto

Hi @ik8sqi

Actually when you register with Enpass, our activation server send's you a one-time code to verify the email address. If in the future the activation servers are not functional or Enpass closes down, then the OTP will not be sent and the license activation process will be incomplete.

But the device on which you purchased(AppStore/PlayStore) and the devices already registered would still get the benefits of your Premium license.