Enpass Discussion Forum

Can't connect to my nextcloud server

David Jameson

Despite the fact that both my regular nextcloud client on my desktop and my browser connection have no problem connecting to my nextcloud server, when I specify the standard URL for my server in Enpass (which I'm hoping can replace 1Password for my entire family), I get the message, "Could not connect to specified Nextcloud server. Please check your URL

I recognize that one can use WebDAV but since Nextcloud was an explicit choice in the list of servers, I assumed I didn't actually have to use the WebDAV URL

What's the scoop?

Hi @David Jameson

Welcome to the Enpass community!

You can sync with NextCloud using webdav on Enpass. Please refer to this link for steps on how to setup. If you face any issues, please share the below information with me and I'll get it checked -

1. The version of the Enpass App you are using
  2. The version of the OS on which you are setting up synchronization

Thank you - I'm familiar in general with the use of WebDAV but I think the point is being missed. You **specifically** include NextCloud as an option which suggests either (a) you're using a different protocol or (b) you're converting the user info to a WebDAV URL under the covers so the user doesn't have to worry about it.

screenshot_5311.thumb.png.77ee11065ddcca045cc33a6d8ac6aebe.png

In particular note that your options are completely different for WebDAV than they are for Nextcloud, again suggesting that your system **knows** about NextCloud hence it's only necessary to provide the base URL for the latter.

screenshot_5313.png.ce12f5fd8bf6169e7f20d99da335cf8c.png     screenshot_5312.png.f225213a376637e283f21c23846fb512.png

Are you therefore saying that even though there is a choice to select NextCloud, I'm supposed to choose WebDAV instead?

• 5 months later...

I'm having this same problem. Using the desktop app, I've created a new master password and go to Vault Settings>Set up Sync>Nextcloud. After adding my Nextcloud server URL to the field, when I click on Connect, I get the same "Could not connect to specified Nextcloud server. Please check your URL". What am I doing wrong? Do I need to adjust a setting in my Nextcloud set up?

I understand there is a workaround using WebDAV but it seems like the Nextcloud sync should work. The advertised Nextcloud integration is one specific reason I'm trying to switch to Enpass from 1Password. If it's just lip service then I'd like to know that upfront.

macOS Monterey 12.2.1

MacBook Pro

Apple M1 Max

Enpass 6.7.4 (938) Mac App Store

Nextcloud 22.2.3 running on Linux 5.8.0-1041-azure x86_64

Screen Shot.png

Edited by footcalf
Adding screen shot

3 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

I have forwarded your concern to the dedicated team. As soon as they reply back with a resolution, I will be sure to update you on this forum. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Really? I reported this issue as well, 6 months ago --- I ran into this NextCloud issue before running into the slow search problem. How can the development team still not know about it? Are they that isolated or disconnected from the company?

Abhishek -- I  reported this through your support system many months ago and clearly you forgot that you responded to that report at the time (see second image)

Somehow, there seems to be a huge disconnect between what is said/reported in this forum vs. what actually gets done to address reported problems. Are there actually any developers still working on this product?

I too am using the WebDAV workaround (at least that works)

I am much more concerned about the absurdly slow search, which has also been reported many times in the past and is still not fied.

screenshot_5820.png.633ec42fad2eeaa14bcbb059ae5397c4.png

screenshot_5821.thumb.png.35759a5a887815f6a1c6f8f6f9617428.png

Hi @David Jameson

Thank you for the details.

Your disappointment in this case is certainly understandable. I have forwarded the details you have mentioned to the dedicated tech team so they may isolate the issue on their end. As for the slow Mac search in some instances, we are already aware of this problem and plan to fix it in future update cycles. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced in the meantime.

Hi @footcalf@David Jameson

We are working on the issue which you reported due to which you are unable to connect to the NextCloud server, but we require some additional information from you. Could you please create a Demo account and DM me the URL, username, and password? It will help us to isolate the issue on our end.

Thank You

• 8 months later...

Not sure if it is the same issue but I just wasted a day on migrating from owncloud to nextcloud because it seems the native “Nextcloud” sync option is expecting the vault files in a subfolder called “Enpass” and not in the root of the cloud space/Nextcloud. After moving the files to a subfolder called “Enpass” it connected and synced properly.

• 11 months later...

This is still unfixed. :S

It's not possible to connect to some Nextcloud Servers ("Could not connect to specified Nextcloud server", no browser window appears) until the "Bypass SSL certificate verification" option is checked (what is no option). The Nextcloud Server uses a valid DigiCert Certificate an it works well with the portable Windows Version of Enpass.