Enpass Discussion Forum

Why is Enpass collecting my personal data?

Ottomatic

The two that cause me the most concern is your collection of my Apple user ID and name. 
In the IOS app there is a section entitled: 

Data Linked to You
The following data, which may be collected and linked to your identity, 
may be used for the following purposes:

App Functionality

Contact Info

Email Address
Name

Identifiers
User ID
Device ID

Usage Data
Product Interaction

Hey @Ottomatic

Thanks for bringing this up. All mentioned information is related to 'Registration of User Purchase' with Enpass server so that the subscription purchased from iTunes store can be used across all your devices. Your email is the primary identifier to which a purchase will be bind. However it may be different than your Apple ID. Both name and user ID collection does not apply for all users. Below are the situations where they are collected :

Name : Only applicable if a user sign-in with Apple/Google ID instead of providing an email address manually & user has opted-in to provide us the same.

User ID : Your iTunes purchase receipt or Sign-in with Apple data contains an identifier for user that is unique for you (it is not your Apple ID). If you have not purchased a subscription from a Apple device and did not use 'Sign-in with Apple', Enpass will not receive this data/information.

Hope I have tried helping you in clearing your concerns over Enpass Data Privacy. :)

Cheers!!!

Your collection of Name and User ID  which is Linked to the person's identity seems unnecessary and sketchy. 
Let me put this in another way.....Bitwarden doesn't do it.  Enpass touts their privacy as a selling point but actually falls short compared with other competitors. I'm basing this from Apple's privacy disclosures which they required you to submit. 

Edited by Ottomatic